Software Engineer - SAP Concur at SAP (Bellevue, WA)
Location: Bellevue, WA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-14 05:00:28
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The focus of SAP Concur Core Notifications Team is to build the next generation notifications platform, which will simplify messaging for our global users through multiple delivery channels, save operating costs, and gather relevant data for enabling smarter notifications for the user.
Are you passionate about distributed systems, continuous delivery, architecting using AWS services and AWS best practices, and designing for security, resilience, observability? Do you like having end to end ownership of your service and you love the challenge of solving problems at internet scale? We write and run the backend-services that make up the 3rd largest SaaS platform in the world.
- We design and write backend services in Node.js, and continuously deploy using Docker, Helm, and Kubernetes
- AWS is our data center with end to end service ownership
- We are obsessed with performance, metrics, resiliency, testing in production, failure proofing & scalability
- We are passionate about owning end-to-end cloud services, designing distributed systems, and constantly iterating on best practices.
- We enjoy working together as part of a strong, fun, and technical team
As a member of SAP Concur Core Notifications Team, you will partner with other tech innovators and blaze the trail in the evolution of the next generation SAP Concur Notifications Platform. Your work will enable amazing new features and benefit tens of millions of users around the world!
To be successful in this role...
- You are a hands-on engineer and love to solve complex software problems
- You have experience designing and developing complex messaging software systems
- You are self-driven and highly motived to deliver top-tier solutions
- You have experience in writing full end to end test automation
- You have experience with AWS and have good knowledge of AWS services such as CloudFormation, S3, SQS, SNS, SES, EKS, DynamoDB, and RDS
- You have experience deploying and running production services using (but not limited to) Docker, Helm, and Kubernetes
- You know how to run critical production services in AWS at-scale
- Embrace agile engineering practices and dev-ops culture
- You are a team player who is eager to collaborate with the team and the rest of the engineering organization
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Solid experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAPs culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:299522 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA