Geo Data Visualization Front-End Developer at Esri (Arlington, VA)
Location: Arlington, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-22 05:00:24
Do you have a passion for helping people create beautiful and engaging map-based data visualizations? Leverage your data visualization passion and technical knowledge to develop the next generation of storytelling tools used and loved by millions of people worldwide.
Join the ArcGIS StoryMaps team and help us build a new digital storytelling tool with unprecedented mapping capabilities. Authors around the world use story maps to drive change, influence opinion, and create awareness, with their stories getting millions of pageviews a day.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of contributing to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high standard of quality and have a strong appreciation for the details and understand the value of clear communication. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Own the mapping capabilities of the product--great opportunity to take leadership and define product features
- Take on complex goals that push the boundary of the possible
- Rapid prototyping to validate ideas and designs from designers
- Create beautiful visualization along with good user experiences
- Never compromise software design, quality, and performance
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web app development
- Deep understanding of WebGL and Canvas
- Good understanding of web, web performance, chrome tools, http, REST and JSON
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, journalism, GIS, or related field; or 5+ years of experience in related disciplines
- Exposure to ArcGIS REST API and feature services
- Good understanding of UI/UX design techniques
- Strong math skills and the ability to design and implement data structures leveraging non-trivial algorithms
- Interest in compression techniques, real-time rendering, and the application of spatial data structures to create optimized 2D/3D content
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.