Front End Engineer at Rakuten (Setagaya City, Japan)
Location: Setagaya City, Japan
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-26 05:00:52
After creating a successful collaboration between our engineering and design teams, we are now looking for other passionate people for its expansion.
If you like to build highly reusable react components, this position might be for you.
Exciting things that we expect you to do:
- Together with the designers, define the components that need to be in the Design System with the best possible APIs.
- Improve the processes and infrastructure around the Design System when necessary.
- Develop React components using TypeScript and LESS.They should be:
Works well both on server-side & client-side
Slightly less exciting tasks that part of the position:
- Update the products to use components from the Design System. (partially by yourself but also with help from other people)
- Support users of the Design System so they enjoy using it.
If you are interested in developing tooling for Front End or Improving DX (Developer Experience), you have opportunities to work on these topics as well.
You have good knowledge of Typescript, React, and front-end infrastructure - Webpack, storybook, jest, etc.
You’re not scared by CSS and can use it effectively.
You are familiar with Node.js
You know how to do performance optimizations and when to do it.
Experience with automated testing (selenium, web driver)
Experience in building design systems.