Software Engineer Manager at Volusion, LLC (Austin, TX) (allows remote)
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-28 05:00:34
COVID 19 UPDATE:
We have leaned into the current health crisis with the development of new features like Volusion Curbside. Since March, we have hired more than a dozen new Volusioneers with no signs of slowing down. We are actively interviewing for key roles in order to keep up with our product roadmap goals. During these unprecedented times Volusion continues to provide stability and growth opportunities to our employees and merchants alike.
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually. As a company ALL employees are currently working remotely.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer Manager to lead an engineering team in development related to our best-of-breed eCommerce platform and its rendering technologies. This position will report to our CTO and be responsible for the execution of major technology initiatives related to our platform. If you crave room to grow and autonomy and want to make a difference with your contributions, this is the role for you.
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS commerce solutions and services for all business types, ranging from startups to large enterprises. If you are the kind of engineering leader that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you. If you want to help build the world’s greatest software for our customers, you’ve come to the right place!
- Be accountable for business-driven technical outcomes. You are the hands-on, accountable engineering lead and driver for your team delivering value to the next-generation Volusion platform.
- Ensure your team runs smoothly. You will need to continually identify technical blockers and work with your team and across teams to clear those blockers.
- Communicate your team’s results to outside stakeholders. In addition to our Agile processes, you will communicate on the status of your team’s short- and long-term goals.
- Align technical initiatives with the product manager’s requirements. We are a product-driven company that provides detailed requirements to our engineering teams. You will work closely with a product manager to keep your team focused on driving business value.
- Lead and manage ~4 people. Our people are the most important aspect of our company. You will meet weekly with your direct reports, set goals, and develop our engineers.
- Ensure your team is running smoothly and delivering results on time
- Be willing and able to work alongside your team on a daily basis
- Contribute on the ground floor alongside the folks you are managing
- Continuously deliver high-quality software
- Break down clear requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Be the lead engineering voice for your team in meetings with product, content, sales, and engineering departments
- Help evolve the best tech company in Austin
We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or other Engineering discipline
- 5+ years developing high-quality software
- 3+ years leading technical teams
- 2+ years managing direct reports (3 or more)
- Experience with Node.js, React/Angular, and TypeScript
- Google Cloud or AWS experience (Google Cloud preferred)
- SQL and no-SQL Database knowledge; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Volusion’s Technology Stack:
- React (including React hooks), NextJS, mobx-state-tree, and custom server-side rendering
- Public-facing REST APIs backed by TypeScript, Node.js, Fastify, and Express
- SQL and no-SQL Databases; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Google Cloud Platform including Kubernetes, and managed database services
- Search and caching using Elasticsearch, RediSearch, Algolia, and Redis
- Event streaming using Kafka
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Birthday Off
- Remote Work Flexibility
- Professional Development Opportunities for Career and Skills Advancement
- Robust Peer Recognition Program
- Virtual Events: Trivia, Monthly Bingo, Scavenger Hunts, Back to School Day, Wellness
- Giving Back to the Community Initiatives
- Quarterly Virtual Team Building events