Location: Berlin, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-02-02 05:00:24
We are LIQID, one of the fastest growing fintechs in Europe.
Our purpose is to provide the creators, doers and thinkers shaping our future with access to the same opportunities as the world’s most successful investors while balancing the demands of people, planet and profit.
We offer our clients financial peace of mind through exceptional, curated investment solutions – ranging from the world’s best private equity and venture funds to award-winning wealth management solutions. All delivered via an intuitive digital experience with outstanding personal support. With close to €2 billion in assets and growing at 100% a year, we are backed by leading investors from the digital, private equity and wealth management space, including LGT, Toscafund, HQ Trust and Project A.
About your team
Our Frontend Development team is responsible for building, improving and maintaining the client side of LIQID’s core systems. Its mission is to build best-in-class client-facing applications that deliver on our promise of intuitive access to a portfolio of exceptional investment solutions previously only available to ultra-high-net-worth-individuals. In pursuit of this mission, the Frontend team leads the permanent evolution of LIQID’s award-winning digital user interface with the aim of making users feel well-informed without being overwhelmed by too many information. The team achieves this by using a set of technologies such as React, TypeScript, Lightning Web Components and SCSS.
As a member of the Frontend team, you work closely with teams across LIQID – most notably the Product, Salesforce Engineering, Quality Assurance and Backend team – thus enjoying an opportunity to collaborate with people with a broad range of background and expertise.
About the role
As a Frontend Engineer, you will work across different projects along our customer journey, ensuring best user experience by implementing a responsive cross-platform design. You will work alongside engineers of different levels and expertise (FE, BE, QA, DevOps, and Salesforce), having the opportunity to learn from other team members with different skill sets, and also teach and share the knowledge that you have. Additionally, this isn’t relevant only for the Technology department, you will have the chance to connect with different teams of different domains.
What are some of your focus areas?
- Customer Onboarding
You work on customer-facing, as well as internal components needed for our onboarding to ensure the process is dealt with through effective, user-friendly systems, aligned with industry best-practices.
- Client Dashboard
You will work from concept development through testing to go-live on improving the client dashboard, the main interface for our existing customer base. You give feedback on the user stories to make sure the implementation of new features is technically feasible, while comprehensible for a diverse user group.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
You identify potentials for UI/UX or system improvement - you challenge the status quo and take responsibility until the implementation is completed, always keeping an eye on performance and responsiveness. You will conduct code reviews together with your colleagues to ensure quality and maintainability.
What background are we looking for?
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience working as a Frontend Engineer.
What skills and qualifications are we looking for?
- You are comfortable with TypeScript
- Knowledge of D3.js is a plus
- You strive for backing up your code with relevant unit and integration tests
- You write clean code and are interested in living up to the best practices of web development
- You can write comprehensive and uncomplicated documentation
- You are familiar with agile development practices
- You have professional proficiency in written and spoken English, German is a plus
What attitude are we looking for?
- You are passionate about UX and design, have a “client first” mindset
- You are constantly learning new technologies to improve current systems
- You are proactive with making decisions and suggestions, having a critical mind
- You have a strong collaborative attitude
- You like to take ownership over your tasks
- You are comfortable working in the challenging but informal environment of a scale-up
What we offer
- Learning & Development budget, and access to learning platforms such as Udemy and FrontendMasters. In-house training programs on different subjects.
- Hackathons once per quarter, and Fix-IT Fridays (days dedicated only to optimizations, refactoring, bug fixing etc) twice per quarter.
- Currently, we work almost fully remotely (people can still go to the office if they wish). Eventually, we might switch either to hybrid work or keep it fully remote.
- 28 holidays, and the 24 and 31 December are also given.
- Various workplace health promotions measures e.g.: beach volleyball court, yoga, eye screening, flu vaccination, company doctor, collaboration with the Fürstenberg Institut (Health Assistance Program).
- German courses (all levels).
- Employee conditions for our investment strategies.
- A multicultural team with diverse mindsets and backgrounds.
- Working in a dynamic environment with a lot of different projects and technologies.
- An innovative company with award-winning services that is growing fast and offers a lot of opportunities for having an impact and growing professionally.
- A culture of excellence paired with a cooperative mindset and an attitude of finding new and innovative solutions.
- An internationally experienced leadership team, supported by experienced investors and a high-class advisory board.
- As well as many other benefits e.g..: The traditional snacks and drinks in the office, regular company and team events, and corporate benefits.
Candidate experience and transparency are at the heart of our interview process, which is designed to help us understand what working with each other would look and feel like.
- Brief get-to-know phone call with one of our recruiters: to clarify the basics
- Initial video call with two senior members of the Tech&Product department so that we can access cultural fit, get to know each other, and discuss how your experience and expectations match the role
- Case study: to dig into a typical problem you might encounter in your role
- Detailed video interview: to take leaders, peers and stakeholders through your case study and to discuss any questions either of us might still have