Embedded Software Engineer at Sonova AG (Stäfa, Schweiz)
Location: Stäfa, Schweiz
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-02-08 05:00:35
Who we are
In a life without sound, our work provides meaning. As a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions, we are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core business brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry.
Embedded Software Engineer
In a multidisciplinary team of electrical and software engineers, you will contribute to the design, development and the maintenance of firmware and software components. The developed tools are in use worldwide to support the entire lifecycle of all Sonova hearing instruments and products. From the engineering phases to the mass-manufacturing you will be engaged in delivering highly flexible and reliable firmware and software applications.
- Close-to-metal firmware implementation, testing, bug fixing and documentation of production related components
- Work on a C-code base built with an object oriented approach
- Contribute in the test process plans, definition and implementation
- Contribute to the specification and design of test devices and systems (hardware and software)
- Agile software development, code reviews and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Support the users of the developed components
- Support for manufacturing engineering and process improvements
- University degree (MSc/BSc) in electrical engineering or computer science
- 3+ years of experience in the development, deployment and maintenance of real-time systems
- Experienced in object oriented thinking and development
- Solid embedded C knowledge; Python, .net and C# are a plus
- Systematic approach to debugging, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Service oriented and willing to support peer developers
- Fluent in English; German is a plus
We can offer you a new challenge, with interesting tasks and much more – including an open corporate culture, flat hierarchies, support for further training and development, opportunities to take on responsibility, an excellent range of foods, sports and cultural facilities, attractive employment conditions, and flexible working time models in various roles.
Gianni S. Raffi, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager, is looking forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV, references and certificates) via our online job application platform.
For this vacancy only direct applications will be considered.
Sonova AGLaubisrüt istrasse 28CH-8712 Stäfa+41 58 928 01 01
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer.
We team up. We grow talent. We collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds to win with the best team in the market place. We guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of a candidate’s ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or marital status, gender, genetic identity, age, disability or any other legally protected status.