Data Infrastructure Engineer at eyeo GmbH () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-02-08 05:00:44
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Support data engineers and scientists, as well as other engineering teams
- Manage on-prem servers and services
- Extend and evolve eyeo’s data platform (on-prem and Google Cloud Platform)
- Automate anything and everything
- Continuously improve code, processes and service quality
- Monitor existing automation and CI/CD infrastructure
What you bring to the table...
- Strong foundation in Golang and Python
- Proficient with the Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting
- Solid foundation in infrastructure or software engineering
- Professional experience with at least one infrastructure-as-code tool stack
- Professional experience with security and privacy (e.g. anonymization of PII)
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker)
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Comfortable with remote work within CET ±3 hours supported by issue tracking systems and documenting work in writing
It's awesome, but not required, if you have experience with...
- Debian GNU/Linux
- Ansible & Terraform
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Git, GitLab & GitLab CI
- Apache Airflow
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons