Software Engineer - Unicorn at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-02-09 05:00:21
Bally’s Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, Bally’s Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works.Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make ourmark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
As part of the team, you’ll be collaborating with experienced developers, QAs and others from around the company to organise, create and deliver smart solutions to some unique and interesting challenges.
We aim to be developing full-stack solutions in vertical teams that enable Gamesys to deliver high-quality features to our players, with a strong focus on quality, no matter their device or location.
What you'll get:
Gamesys offers opportunities for those looking to develop themselves. We can give you the platform, exposure and resources to achieve success in a fun, friendly and challenging environment.
You'll be working in a delivery team that encourages white-boarding, knowledge sharing, discussion, spiking and pairing to ensure we are moving in the right direction.
The Web Platform team is responsible for the development and delivery of Gamesys’s responsive web applications. As an agile team, we collaborate with other functions across the company – Architecture, UX Design, Product, Marketing, to deliver world-class gaming responsive web applications. We care deeply about customer experience, progressive and innovative technologies and delivery goals, and our resulting applications that are consistently demonstrating strong commercial performance and high satisfaction for customers.
We are looking for an experienced, versatile, software engineer to join the team and help drive our technology stack forward. Specifically, we have micro-services in our technology stack to de-couple our applications from the underlying gaming platform, Content and other aspects where abstraction is relevant. You will be a hands-on software engineer with experience in building, maintaining and improving Node.js micro-services, fully automated continuous delivery pipelines, and will be willing to learn and contribute to the web application codebase.
This is a great opportunity to bring your strong software engineering principles and best practices and apply them in a team willing to learn, to help raise our codebase and delivery infrastructure to the next level.
- Demonstrates strong engineering principles and can deploy a wide range of progressive technical practices – such as continuous delivery, a walking skeleton and pipeline automation
- Can grasp architectural concepts and determine where bleeding-edge technologies and patterns can be used effectively
- Collaborative and customer-focused, happy to engage with stakeholders inside and outside of the team
- Wants to learn new tools and technologies, likes to share ideas enjoys working with like-minded individuals and isn’t afraid of challenging the norm
- Wants to be part of crafting fantastic solutions for a strong, growing company with an amazing player base
- Experience in designing and developing a micro-service architecture utilising contract-first development
- REST and RESTful practices / Messaging technologies
Experience with testing frameworks like Jest, Jasmine or Mocha
Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Experience with automation test frameworks like WebDriver IO
- Experience in coaching and mentoring developers
- Test-Driven Development
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.