R&D S&E, Computer Science - Full-Stack .NET Developer (Mid-Career) at Sandia National Laboratories (Albuquerque, NM)
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-02-10 05:00:31
This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually.
Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at (505) 284-4700.
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a R&D Computer Scientist to join the dynamic Security Information Systems team in analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying creative software solutions to meet our customers’ needs. Effective collaboration with all levels of internal personnel, including building successful working relationships, outstanding customer service, and deep technical leadership abilities is key to this role.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Analyze design, develop, and deploy full-stack .NET web applications supporting our customers to elicit, define and meet information system requirements
- Support existing applications using a variety of legacy technologies (primarily .NET) and modernize these applications
- Develop technological improvements to the team’s toolchain (CI/CD pipeline, infrastructure APIs, testing framework, or our microservice deployment platform)
- Evaluate, test, and analyze implementation, functionality, performance, and tools of information system solutions, ensuring that requirements and acceptance criteria are met
- Conduct feasibility studies and requirements gathering
- Test, install, upgrade, patch, and maintain software according to technical architecture standards
- Research, prototype, architect, and design solutions for effective operation of mission enabling or direct mission information systems
- Enable advanced capabilities using containers, Kubernetes, job schedulers, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, and compilers
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant field plus five (5) years of experience; or Master’s degree plus one (1) year experience or PhD; or associate's degree plus nine (9) years experience; or thirteen (13) years experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge with one or more of the following:
- Full-stack web development
- NET (C#)
- Relational database design
- Agile development
- Ability to acquire and maintain a required DOE Q security clearance and a DOE SCI security clearance.
Qualifications We Desire
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or other relevant field.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills.
- Knowledge with database design and usage (MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and technologies.
- Experience working on challenging problems in a highly collaborative research and development team
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including efficiently prioritize and implement tasks in a high pressure and/or ambiguous environment.
About Our Team
Security Information Systems serves Sandia by providing agile, integrated, process-based IT solutions that enable our Security Management customers to achieve their business objectives and regulatory requirements effectively and efficiently. We optimize information systems at the enterprise level through process and technology consolidation, simplification and standardization and in doing so, help our customers satisfy their needs, enhance their ability to perform their mission, and ultimately transform their business operations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:• Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide• Extraordinary co-workers• Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world• Career advancement and enrichment opportunities• Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)• Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.