DevOps Engineer at Lendi () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-02-12 05:00:46
Who are we?
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology to take the hard work out of home loans. We've combined smart technology with smart people to build a first-class customer-centric experience that takes the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in the lives of everyday Australians.
Current technology is outdated and inefficient. We're changing the landscape by giving borrowers the tools that put them in control of the most important financial decision of their lives.
Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
About the role:
Lendi is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Platform team. A small, tight and highly collaborative team working in a rapid and evolving DevSecOps environment. We like to have fun and we work hard at looking after each other.
The Platform team builds cross-team tooling and services that empower our Specialist and Product teams to deliver customer value efficiently and with high quality.
The engineering department is going through significant growth and there are opportunities for you to help shape the culture and technology moving forward.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a high performing & secure cloud environment
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Developing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and DevOps/Software guidelines
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Improve our platform by learning and implementing new technologies
- Build & manage different tools to facilitate the way different teams use our platform
- Automate whenever possible so it is easy to deploy to multiple environments & recover
- Increase the visibility of the different services
- Work with different teams to understand how to better use our platform
- Participate on a fun team that loves learning together & helping each other
- Owning the code you and your team build, which means supporting debugging, monitoring and alerting in the production
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- A passion for learning every day
- A desire to work with the latest technologies such as Kubernetes and others
- Experience working with configuration as code and CI/CD
- Coding experience in any language
- Experience working with Cloud environments & Containers
- A desire to make deployment & automation simple
- Experience with monitoring & logging
- Good listener skills & the ability to troubleshoot any problems with other teams
- A “You build it, you own it!” mentality
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Experience working with IaC, e.g. CloudFormation
- Experience with Node.js and/or Typescript
- A background in software development
Benefits and perks:
- We take Career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it
- ‘Flex First’ - flexibility of remote working (home and/or office)
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- ‘Awesome Days’ - an extra day’s leave a year to do something awesome!
- Close-knit, friendly culture with a warm & casual environment.
To learn more about life at Lendi check out our blog: https://www.lendi.com.au/inspire/category/life-at-lendi/
Lendi is a proud Project F Partner - Gender Diversity & Inclusion is a great focus for us. Creating a culture that is representative of the world we live in makes us better people and our organisations gain tangible benefits, ultimately this creates a melting pot of creativity!