Senior Frontend Engineer (React.JS) (m/f/d) at Motius GmbH (Belgrad, Serbien)
Location: Belgrad, Serbien
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-03-05 05:00:17
From autonomous industrial robots to self-charging drones and chatbot platforms, we're building it and you can be part of it. Motius is a research and development company specializing in the development of products and prototypes in the latest tech fields (AI, IoT, AR/VR and many more). With the unique combination of a permanent core team and an interdisciplinary tech community, we reinvent R&D and develop the tech products of the future together with our customers. Motius is based in Munich & Stuttgart, Germany and in Dubai. In 2022, we're opening up a new office & location in Serbia.
As Senior Frontend Engineer (React.JS) (m/f/d) you're part of our Software Cluster and join our diverse R&D projects (each ~3-9 months duration) in small and agile teams as Lead Engineer. In this role, you'll not only be part of 1 or 2 of our exciting projects, but also will help our cluster to become constantly better, e.g. by creating reusable components and assets or by coaching and mentoring younger engineers during their career development. Internally we call this position Tech Specialist. You can find sample projects in our Motius Success Stories.
- Lead Frontend Engineer in our R&D projects with engineering teams of 2-5 people
- Depending on your background and your preference, you are building complex production ready systems and digital solutions for a wide range of industries and for different use cases
- Defining the right tech stack and setting up the architecture for the projects, mostly working with the team in our office in Belgrade or remotely - we don't do customer-on-site consulting
- Following a two-weekly Scrum process using GitLab, Jira, Slack, Continuous Integration & Delivery, etc.
- Mentoring and coaching engineers on Frontend, Architecture & Design topics, making sure we build high quality products
- Constantly improving our Software cluster and building up knowledge by introducing new tools, best practices or frameworks and sharing learning from our projects
- Be one of the first team members of our Motius Office in Serbia
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in similar disciplines and at least 4 years of experience in agile development projects
- Curiosity for our DevOps processes and infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications/digital product
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions for our clients
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development and strong command of English language (both verbal and written), German is a plus
- Fulltime & permanent position in Motius in Serbia - first as a Freelancer or employed via Partner Company and then later employed in our Serbian legal entity (currently in the legal process for that)
- Flexible working hours and remote work / homeoffice
- Onboarding time in Munich (~1 month) and regular flights & visits in Munich
- Unique and inspiring working culture with many smart engineers from diverse backgrounds (e.g. software developers, Embedded system engineers, Mechanical engineers, Computer Vision researchers etc.) coming from over 15 different countries
- Exciting insights into the markets, technologies and products of the future through collaboration with clients from a wide range of industries plus the opportunity to accelerate our clients' innovation cycles
- A defined Talent Journey for your further development, as well as regular peer reviews
- Learning & development budget and our regular Tech Discovery for learning and discovering new technologies
- Pushing and realizing the topics that you're interested in and using Motius as a machine for that
- Other perks & benefits of a startup: Lots of flexibility and responsibility, flat hierarchies, regular teambuilding and company events, free access to our workshop area and also to Makerspace, you can find more details and reasons why you should join Motius in our latest blog post and on Instagram @team_motius.
We are looking forward to receiving your application with CV, motivation letter, possible start date and salary expectation.