Software Engineer, IoT Manufacturing (m/w/d) at tado GmbH (München, Deutschland)
Location: München, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-03-18 05:00:26
More than 30% of the global energy is used for heating and cooling of buildings. We believe that this environmental footprint can be reduced significantly by controlling the indoor climate in an intelligent way. Therefore, we develop and sell our smart thermostats and additional services. Now, tado° is the European market leader, being internationally recognized for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant design, and for being integrated with major smart home platforms.tado° has a strong and fast-growing consumer business in 18 countries as well as a fast-growing B2B business with significant energy companies as our customers. Founded in 2011 in Munich, there are now over 180 employees - roughly half of whom are engineers - contributing daily to the success of our company. We want to make a difference, challenge ourselves and our business every day, and are looking for new colleagues who are just as passionate about our products as we are.
Your daily business will involve:
- Bringing new products to life in the factory: innovate on interaction and integration with our devices in the line, develop tests and production processes, and collaborate closely with our Embedded platform & HW teams
- Establishing new automation solutions in our lab to guarantee integrity and efficiency of our firmware SW stack with the manufacturing counterpart
- Ensuring continuous production flow through our 30+ fully remote administrable test stations (FT, EOL) deployed at our contract manufacturing partners
- Rapidly and continuously improving the current production processes and tech stacks analyzing the extensive data gathered by our deployed test stations
- Collaborating with our contract manufacturing partner’s on-site Production Engineers to establish new processes and to scale production including automation of workflows and deployments
- Scaling our Python-based production software framework to the next level
- Collaborating with both Embedded Firmware and Hardware Engineers to increase reliability and coverage for tests and to develop new ways of integration
- Analyzing and presenting engineering tradeoffs to other stakeholders within the company (eg. Supply Chain Management, Product Development Teams, ...)
- You are very strong in explaining complex topics in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- Solid knowledge of Python 3.x and Embedded C
- General understanding of manufacturing processes for embedded systems, e.g In-circuit tests (ICT), Functional Tests (FT), End of Line Tests (EOL)
- Experience with ubiquitous IoT protocols, e.g. MQTT, CoAP, and communication means, e.g. UART, NFC, etc.
- Experience with RF Technologies is considered a plus
- Ability to reach our Munich lab if required
Why work at tado:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of people from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our next generation Smart Home IoT products & services which help the world save energy.
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently, and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base and number of deployed devices grows by a 50-70% every year. Help us design our processes and devices to be ahead of this growth.
- Learning culture and learning support beyond what is needed for the job, e.g. we offer subsidized German language courses for relocators even though you will not need German for your work
- Discounted access to gyms and fitness offers through “Qualitrain”
- Health care services, such as skin cancer screening, flu vaccinations. We have also been amongst the first companies to offer a COVID-19 vaccination to all employees.
- 30 days of paid vacation and a company pension scheme to help with your retirement