Mobile Developer - Entry and Junior Levels at Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc (Vienna, VA)
Location: Vienna, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-03-24 05:00:08
Developing mobile applications or native libraries that interface with various sensors and backend servers. Provide support in the form of mobile development, scripting, debugging, and value-added software development expertise. Maintain existing software and develop new software to customer specifications.
Developers may work with a variety of technologies including: C, C++, Java, Kotlin, Swift and Objective-C
Core Position Requirements:
- US Citizenship required (no exceptions)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or Math **A minor in one of the above degree types is also acceptable if the Bachelor's is a hard STEM degree.
- Must possess strong software development skills
- Experience developing in C/C++
- Capable of debugging software applications
- Able to gather testable software requirements
- Able to participate in the design of new software applications
- Familiar with maintainable software processes, including: software documentation, source code versioning, unit testing
- Able to convey technical topics verbally, in source code comments, and documentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing requirements
- Experience developing on ARM architecture
- Familiarity interacting with mobile sensors such as Bluetooth, or Wifi, or accelerometer.
- Platform specific mobile development language experience using Kotlin or Swift.
- Familiar with hex editors and working at the byte-level
- Experience reverse engineering mobile applications
- Experience reverse engineering native ARM binaries with IDA Pro or Ghidra
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong work ethic
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations and problems
- Able to operate in a mission-critical and time-sensitive environments
- Able to work in a team environment
- Remote work is not an option
- Mission focused work environment
- Subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance
- HSA contributions
- 401k matching
- Holiday and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Monthly WAN parties & quarterly events
- Flexible hours
- We do offer relocation assistance. Please see our careers page or inquire with your recruiter about the terms and conditions.
COVID-19 VACCINATION NOTICE:
Please be aware that you are applying to a position to work as a federal contractor. As such, you are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your first day of work. Cipher Tech will comply with all legal requirements allowing for limited medical and/or religious exemptions to those who may be unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with applicable mandates.
At Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc. (Cipher Tech), we take great pride in supporting some of the most mission critical work in the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. The majority of our company is comprised of extremely talented engineers and developers who write production tools in direct support of one of two missions: digital forensics and malware reverse engineering.
Digital forensics is the practice of extracting and processing evidence from computers, phones, tablets, cameras, flash-drives, and just about any other form of digital media. The results of our work are then used to support federal and military law enforcement, counterintelligence, and counter-terrorist activities.
Malware reverse engineering is the practice of analyzing, oftentimes extremely advanced, malicious code. The goal of a reverse engineer is to understand how the malicious code works and determine facts such as: how did it infect the victim's computer, what kind of information it is seeking to steal, how is it communicating with the author (actor), and who that actor might be working for.
Be aware that you are applying for a job that requires a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
If you do not already hold a US government security clearance, we do have the ability to sponsor you for one, however be advised that this can be a multi-year process.
The U.S. government will not issue security clearances to current or recent users of illegal drugs. On your application to us, you must acknowledge that you have not engaged in any illegal drug use within the past twelve months (illegal drug use includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal substances, the misuse of prescriptions, the misuse of over-the-counter substances, and the use of medical or recreational marijuana that may be deemed legal at the state level but is still considered illegal by the federal government).
NOTE: CIPHER TECH WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL DRUG USERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY SOUGHT PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT FOR A DRUG PROBLEM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.