Senior Front-end Engineer at Chaturbate (West Hollywood, CA) (allows remote)
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-03-30 05:00:18
Locations: Los Angeles, CA/San Francisco, CA/Irvine, CA or remote nationwide.
What are we doing: we are a tech company, operating a thriving and growing broadcast platform; Alexa ranked us in the top 100 sites internationally, and the top 25 in the United States, with approximately 10 million daily users, and a worldwide community of fans. Independent Broadcasters use our platform to create and share live streaming video, photographs, and similar content, generally adult in nature, (but no adult content is required).
Multi Media LLC has been recognized as:
Best Culture Innovator in 2021 by KudosBuiltinLA best mid-sized companies to work in 2021
Our sophisticated system has multiple parts, including but not limited to payment gateways, live chats, and video streaming technology. Every contribution here is of high impact and affects the experience of millions of users every day.
Our workplace culture is unique in that we value initiative in our engineers and encourage everyone to make their own, appropriate technical decisions as they see fit. We invite all team members to bring fresh ideas to the table and are always exploring new ways to use our cutting-edge tech stack to move toward a modern, microservices-based architecture.
What you'll do:
As a front-end engineer on our chat experience pod, you will:
- Contribute to all aspects of the product and software development life cycles to improve the users’ chat and broadcast experiences.
- Use a clean, object-oriented coding style, to design web application components with our internally built Typescript framework.
- Build comprehensive, high-quality technical solutions, ensuring top-level performance and responsiveness.
- Work on features supported across all major web browsers, mobile devices, smart TVs, and video consoles.
- Fix existing bugs on a case-by-case basis.
- Refactor/optimize existing code to deliver the best consumer experience.
- Build new front-end features.
- Participate in standups and brainstorming sessions to figure out the best technical solutions to achieve the goals set by stakeholders.
- Occasionally assist with work on different parts of the platform.
- A college degree in the STEM field or equivalent years of experience.
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals - algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms.
- Proven problem-solving and fast-learning skills.
Would be a plus: good knowledge and/or comprehensive web development experience with Python/Django.
- 100% covered Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance for you and any dependents
- Long & Short term disability insurance
- 401k with 5% matching
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual Year-End Company Closure
- Paid Lunches in-office, or if Remote, GrubHub weekly stipends
- EAP, employee recognition programs
- And much more