Senior Java Developer at IQVIA, The Human Data Science Company (Warsaw, Poland)
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2018-02-07 04:00:12
IMS Real-World Insights (RWI) is a fast-growing and highly successful business, focusing upon delivering tangible business results to our clients across healthcare value chain who are the decision-makers and business managers across the international pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
We are one of only a few organizations that integrate real-world evidence (RWE), health economics, outcomes research, consulting, and health intelligence tools at national and international level across the healthcare value chain. Our global RWI team includes over 500 highly talented scientists, multi-disciplinary professionals, and product developers and mangers for health intelligence tools across 18 countries world-wide.
You will be joining a super talented team in Warsaw. You day to day will include -
- Participating in systems development and maintenance.
- Conceptualization, development, and implementation of complex program designs.
- Heavily involved in system analysis and troubleshooting
- Configuration and prototyping of new systems
- Contributes to the definition and adoption of technical standards
- Performs peer code reviews
- Work with Architect, Project Manager, Development & Operations teams to define requirements, deliverables, and provide the necessary engineering expertise & support to ensure delivery.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource, provides technical knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
In terms of your background, we are interested in speaking to candidates who have the following -
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, supporting and maintaining enterprise-scale applications using Scala, Java, & J2EE
- At least 2 years of hands on working experience with one or more of the following technologies; ElasticSearch, Apache Spark, Apache Cassandra
- Experience with implementing Agile Practices (ideally SCRUM)
- Knowledge of algorithms & design patterns and how to apply them effectively
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, CI, and design patterns
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Spring (MVC, Integration, Security)
- Scala (Akka, Play)
Feel free to respond directly if you have any queries about the position.