Digital Applications Manager
Location: Victoria, BC
Type: Full Time
Created: 2018-07-10 04:00:02
BCI offers an exceptional opportunity to work at a world-class organization while living in a west coast setting. We are a significant institutional investor whose investments span the world. Our major clients are pension plans, and the work that we do helps to secure the retirements of hundreds of thousands of people. Our success depends on our high-performing employees. The people who work at BCI are committed, passionate, and approachable. They aim for continuous improvement and share BCI’s core values of accountability, transparency, integrity, and team cohesiveness. We are currently expanding our team and our skill base to equip BCI for the future.
The Digital Applications Manager, reporting to the Vice President, Communication, will support BCI’s communication programs through the creation, administration and updating of BCI’s public-facing web properties, intranets and client extranets to ensure the highest degree of compatibility, efficiency and accessibility of the sites and servers for BCI’s clients and users across the corporation.
- A bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, web development HCI, UI design, web development or related field
- A minimum of five years-experience in the role of webmaster, web developer or site administrator, ideally within an investment, financial, or commercial organization
- Demonstrate significant experience in developing websites and web applications using content management systems, open source tools, languages, libraries, and current, web standards-compliant code
- Knowledge of web analytics tools and related analysis software and the ability to interpret performance analytics into reports and actionable recommendations
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail
- Highly collaborative, team player able to easily work across departments in representing the Communication team while advocating usability and user experience best practices
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent projects and deadlines within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
CLOSING DATE: JULY 30, 2018
To learn more about this position and apply, go to https://careers.bci.ca/res_login.html
BCI provides employees with a productive and fast-paced work environment, competitive compensation, a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health & wellness plans, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Our recruitment process requires that the successful candidate agrees to undergo a criminal record search, education and designation verification; to provide a declaration of no previous or current criminal status; and to comply with our corporate Code of Ethics & Professional Conduct.
Interested in joining our team and want to learn of other career opportunities with BCI? Create a profile and sign up for job alerts at https://careers.bci.ca.