SAN/Storage Operations Engineer at JP Morgan Chase (Houston, TX)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2018-07-31 04:00:48
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services. We partner with all lines of business (LOB) to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution, and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.Sustained Engineering Team is responsible for driving our evolution to a modern Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) / DevOps model. The team includes end-to-end engineering and operations of our heritage systems and products as well as production management activities, including incident, problem, change and crisis management processes, and asset lifecycle management.JPMorgan Chase has one of the biggest storage environments in the World, servicing a heterogeneous compute system within geographically disperse setting. This position is part of the JPMorgan Chase SAN Storage support team focusing in finding the underlying issues that impair our systems from performing at its best. Our goal is to fix issues before they impact the stability and resiliency of our applications.This position requires an extensive background in SAN management and support, and experience with the server side as well. We support a widespread of OS version, age and configuration including AIX, Linux, ESX and Windows. The environment is extremely complex, comprised of CISCO and BROCADE switches, EMC, HDS, SUN and IBM arrays. This position requires an engineer that has a high level of energy and is seeking a challenge.Primary Responsibilities:
- 5+ years distributed SAN operational experience running multiple SAN storage technologies
- Experience of other SAN functional roles to supplement operational experience
- Ability to identify tactical quick wins, as well as strategic long term remediation options are both essential skills
- Organized and self-reliant with proven track record in managing multiple deliverables
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, and team working skills
- Capable of acting as business liaison, translating business needs to technical requirements and providing point of contact to business and senior management during high impact incidents
- Can manage large scale projects
- Demonstrates leadership - self starter, self motivated, and require minimal supervision
- Development Skill sets including: Python, Cloud frameworks, Angular, and a mindset for automation.
- Advanced experience of VMAX, HUS, SolidFire, ScaleIO, 3Par, XIV, along with associated HW based replication and point in time copy solutions.
- Experience with Software Defined Storage is a bonus.
- Advanced experience of vendor tools for managing, configuring, and troubleshooting (including performance)
- Advanced experience with large switched fabric environment for Brocade & Cisco
- In depth experience with storage management CLIs: EMC Solutions Enabler, Cisco SANOS, Brocade FOS, & Software Defined Storage
- Strong performance troubleshooting of EMC VMAX/FAST-VP utilizing EMC Unisphere
- Expert understanding of how server behaviors and IO load patterns affect storage (LUN Q-Depth, multipathing, application IO size, etc).