Software Development Engineer
Location: Seattle, Chicago
Type: Full Time
Created: 2019-03-28 08:00:13
Apply to 4C insights Software Development Engineer Job posting here:
4C is global marketing technology company that delivers a unified platform for audience discovery, media execution, and performance analysis. Leading brands, global agencies, and media owners trust the Scope by 4C™ platform to identify their most valuable audiences and reach them across channels and devices. With nearly $2 billion in annualized advertising spend running through Scope, 4C enables self-service activation on a4, Amazon, Apple News, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, NBCUniversal, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter as well as TV synced ads via display, search, social, and video. The company also provides paid, earned, and owned media analytics leveraging its Teletrax™ television monitoring network which detects over 400 million TV asset airings on an annual basis. Founded in 2011 and based in Chicago, 4C has staff in 16 worldwide locations across the United States, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, France, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, and the Philippines. Visit www.4Cinsights.com for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
4C is looking for talented Software Development Engineers who are passionate about solving real problems and excited about using the latest technology to do it.
As an engineer on the team, you will be responsible for helping craft the future of our service - both on the frontend interfaces and the backend APIs to support it. You will be working closely with people across engineering, product, and design to help develop an amazing experience for our agency & brand customers.
A little about our team: we are a fullstack team of experts in frontend, backend, product and design. We care deeply about our stack and tools, focusing on the best to get the job done. We've built a large modern single-page Ember application which we are rapidly moving to React. Performance is incredibly important to us, as we often need to surface extremely large datasets to our users. We are a team that values continuous learning, curiosity, clear communication, deep self-motivation and are committed to building an inclusive environment for everyone.
- Build, test and ship new user facing code in modern tools like React, ES6, Redux, Jest and Webpack
- Design highly performant and tested APIs and internal services using tools like Python, Celery, Kubernetes, MySQL, Mongo and Redis
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building products that are simple, easy to understand, performant and reliable
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our systems across the board
- Work with other engineers, product mangers, designers and leadership to turn our vision into a concrete roadmap every quarter
- At least 2-3 years of experience in software engineering with strong computer science fundamentals
- You've architected, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You've designed, built and shipped modern, component-based user interfaces
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your users
- You're passionate about building technology at scale and solving challenges for your customers in creative and innovative ways.
- You've worked with modern Python and large backend services using technologies such as Flask
- Experience working with both SQL and no-SQL databases
- Previous experience working with third-party APIs at scale (such as Facebook Graph API)
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic international environment. At 4C you have the opportunity to make an impact. We are proud of our open and informal culture. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Matching 401K, Unlimited Vacation and Maternity and Paternity Leave. The salary will be commensurate with experience.