Location: Remote Canada/USA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-02-08 05:00:08
Click this link to apply: https://streamlocator.applytojob.com/apply/m5Tey0ruMj/DevOps-Engineer
We started our company with the belief that the internet should be free of geographic borders that restrict access to the content people want to watch. We solve this problem with technology that is delivered through easy-to-use tools.
We are a small, experienced team who enjoy working with each other. Conversations are often about exploration and the exchange of ideas. Joining our team means valuing and being part of these conversations. This is a startup and successful team members are independent, resourceful and creative, who thrive in a more unstructured environment with little hand holding. We measure results instead of effort, we value the ability to have a flexible schedule and be in control of your own time.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help support our engineering and product support teams. We are looking for a fully or partially remote worker. You are in control of your own schedule but you are expected to help with critical issues when they come up.
- Enable Customer Support to handle 90% of issues by creating documents, tools and resources for them
- Fix supported streaming services within 1 hour of the outage during reasonable support hours (8AM-11PM)
- Ability to add support for a new streaming service within 1 hour (average time)
- Diagnose, with plan to fix, 90% of support issues that are escalated to DevOps
- Maintain servers - resolve server issues within 30 minutes of the outage
- Maintain and enhance the automation of server build process to ensure a new server deployment within 30 min.
How You Will Achieve These Goals
- Troubleshoot issues with streaming services by analyzing system configuration, changes by streaming services, interaction between different services
- Diagnose networking issues in openwrt environment through remote access
- Educating Customer Support to troubleshoot issues
- Support and enhance internal support tools written in php
- Support and enhance continuous deployment with Jenkins and Github on AWS.
- Help automate various build, deploy and test systems
- Maintain and support the development, staging and production environments
- Deploy test and production software releases on both server and client side devices
Our Tech Stack
AWS, with EC2 instances running NGINX, PHP and RDS for server side. Embedded Linux on the hardware devices. Mobile platforms on both Android native & Amazon FireTV. ELB, S3 and Route53 are also used, with planned migrations to serverless and other AWS services during 2020.
- Mindset that automation is always the goal - you never want to do the same task twice
- 3+ years of Linux administration
- 2+ years of AWS administration (EC2, ELB, S3, RDS)
- Strong networking support (IP Routing, DNS, Proxy Servers)
- Experience with Jenkins, or another CI/CD system
- Experience with scripting languages: (ex:, Bash, PHP, Python, NodeJS)
Nice to Have
- Experience administering Queuing systems (Amazon SQS, MQTT, RabbitMQ)
- Experience using OpenWRT, DD-WRT or similar Linux based routers
- Experience with DataDog, Splunk, ELK or other log and server management tools
- If working remotely, successful past experience doing so