Full Stack Web Developer
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-02-08 05:00:08
The Full Stack Web Developer (FSD) will be responsible for designing and developing a web-based biomechanics analysis platform tailored specifically for the company’s markerless motion capture and video data. The aim of this project is to develop a web-based platform, accessed through the company’s website, to aid front office personnel, coaching staff, and players in the analysis, visualization, and reporting of KinaTrax’s data. Additionally, the FSD will support future web development initiatives of the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The FSD performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Designing and developing a web-based biomechanical analysis platform tailored specifically for use with the company’s markerless motion capture and video data.
- Developing front end website architectures.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile devices.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside biomechanists and data scientists for core functionality.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software.
- Designing and developing security and data protection measures.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Staying abreast of developments in web technology.
- Supporting the company’s future web development initiatives.
- Designing and developing unit tests.
- Participating in code reviews.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent disciplines.
- Proficiency with ASP.NET Core and familiarity with other server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, and PHP.
- Proficiency with MySQL and familiarity with other database technologies such as MSSQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficiency with web servers, such as IIS and Apache, and UI/UX design.
- Experience in software engineering practices, including but not limited to software design and implementation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration, source control, and coding standards compliance.
- Experience with Git is preferred.
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution-based service process.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
- Occasional travel to meet with clients.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- None required. Remote work.
KinaTrax develops a markerless motion capture system that analyzes the motions of a baseball pitcher and hitter in-game. The system is installed in more than 24 ballparks throughout the country, and is utilized by multiple professional baseball teams for the purposes of assessing and enhancing player performance and preventing injuries. The company was founded in 2015 and is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
- Type: Full-time
- Compensation: $80,000 - $120,000
- Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement plan
- Experience: Senior level
- Functions: Full Stack Web Development
- Industries: Biomechanics, Baseball