Software Engineer - Clearance Required - Multidisciplinary at BrainGu (Chantilly, VA)
Location: Chantilly, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-05-16 05:00:11
This software engineering position is embedded in a multidisciplinary team which creates solutions under tight time frames to support federal law enforcement operations. Composed of DevOps, Network Engineers, Systems Admin, Security Engineers, and Software Engineers, everyone works together without silos to get the job done. The ideal candidate will lean toward generalist and be willing to learn a little bit of all the roles to better participate. Prototype capabilities put together for specific operations will often be "enterprised" for use by a wider audience for future operations or common use cases. Because of this dynamic, the team experiences a mix of fast-paced prototyping and routine enterprise development work tempo depending on the week.
Required Competencies and Certifications
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance, SCI eligible
- Ability and willingness to travel to Chantilly, VA on a daily basis
- Depending on operational needs, telecommute options may be authorized at the discretion of the Technical Lead and client approval.
- Work well under pressure, can meet tight deadlines, and is committed to work as needed to complete time-sensitive tasks
- During low ops tempo times, considerable flexibility in working hours is granted to balance the need for dedication to mission.
- Ability to communicate complex topics to customers and peers verbally and in writing
- Ability to understand and execute functional and technical specifications
Four Years of Experience in the Following:
- Programming applications and systems in Python
- Working with staged environments (ie. development, integration/testing and production)
- Using agile methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, or others)
- Prototyping in a fast-paced environment with little input
- Researching and tracking flaws with proven ability to use debuggers, log output, and other sources to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate bugs.
- Usage of at least one NoSQL database engine (such as MongoDB, Couch, Cassandra, HBase, Neo4J, Redis, Memcached, or others)
- Usage of at least one relational database technology (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle. Postgres, IBM DB2, or others)
- Working with multiple operating systems (such as Windows, Linux, MacOS, or others)
- Using at least one cloud computing platform (such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, or others)
- Shell scripting to handle repetitive tasks (such as sh, ksh, bash: can be any of one (1) of these, but preferably all three (3))
Desired Competencies and Certifications
- Familiarity with various serialization formats and/or data exchange methodologies (such as XML, JSON, AJAX, WebSockets, YAML, Protocol Buffers, Comet, or others)
- Familiarity with other object-oriented languages (such as C#, C++, Objective-C, Ruby, or others)
- Ability to write complex queries in SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Rudimentary understanding of networking for programming over HTTP and/or TCP calls
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and other containerization infrastructure as code.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related) recommended, however not required