Senior PHP Developer for Ankara Office at Insider (Ankara, Turkey)
Location: Ankara, Turkey
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-08-11 05:00:06
We’re looking for a Senior PHP Engineer who will help our Web Development Team create and implement a wide variety of web-based products using PHP.
At Insider, our code is to change the way digital experiences are built and improved by democratizing predictive, machine learning and AI technologies. You will be working in a multi-functional agile squad of brilliant people including developers, data scientists, business intelligence analysts and product managers in a fast-paced, high-tech and collaborative environment. Join our PHP Development Team to create your own playground. So we asked our PHP Development Team to tell us what their day-to-day is really like and, in a nutshell, this is what they told us.
What you will do day in and day out
- Develop programs, applications, and websites using PHP
- Improve performance, scalability, and availability of our systems
- Develop cutting-edge web applications with a user-centric approach
- Troubleshoot any issues as they arise, foresee and address potential problems proactively
- Collaborate with co-developers and other related departments to ensure maximum efficiency and arrive at world-class results
- Send regular updates about project status to concerned stakeholders
- Evaluate and take on tasks based on resolution priority and the greater company vision/goals
What we expect from you
- You graduated from computer engineering or related departments
- You have at least 2 years of software development experience
- You've got a good grasp of MYSQL, Elasticsearch and/or NoSQL technologies
- You are a PHP expert, you have hands-on experience working with Laravel
- You are familiar with software code tools such as SVN, CVS, Git etc.
- You know your way around Vue.js
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decision and cross-functional team discussions
Did someone say perks? Yup
- Plenty of opportunities to create your own playground and grow such as on-going educational sessions and training (including Sales, Digital Marketing, Customer Success, Entrepreneurship, Google Analytics, culture presentations, tech talks)
- In-house hackathons, programming challenges, and coding competitions
- Free access to premium services like Udemy, Blinkist, Masterclass, and Spotify
- 4 Meals a day & snacks in between, you even get your 3 pm healthy snack delivered to your desk every day
- No-dress code
- Lots - and we mean lots - of coffee machines
- Yoga classes
- Great energy, caring team
What is it like to work at Insider?
We are underdogs, game changers, data-junkies, and outsiders. Coding is the heart of what we do but we acknowledge that codes die, codes break, codes evolve. What’s permanent is our engineering mind. Insider Engineers Team is where you can find the best tech minds in the industry fostering in what they are naturally good at, pushing each other’s limits to build disruptive technologies. We overcome challenges through hard work and innovation. You will work with some of the world’s most brilliant, passionate and dedicated people together to solve challenging problems. Insider is a Sequoia backed technology company with offices in London, Singapore, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Seoul, Sydney, Helsinki, Barcelona, Dubai, Moscow, Warsaw, Taipei, Jakarta, Istanbul, Kiev, Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Ankara and Kuala Lumpur. Insider was listed as one of Europe’s 100 Hottest Startups by WIRED Magazine and won Red Herring Top 100 Europe in 2017. CrunchBase has recently ranked Insider’s co-founder and CEO Hande Cilingir as one of the top three women CEOs outside of the US. Some of the most prestigious Fortune 500 companies and top brands in retail, automotive and travel across the globe use Insider to deliver AI-backed personalized experiences. Helping world’s leading brands grow beyond the speed of customer expectations, Insider is trusted by over 600 businesses across various industries including UNIQLO, Singapore Airlines, Tokopedia, Virgin, New Balance, Nissan, Samsung, Puma, Newsweek, Media Markt, AVIS, Allianz, BBVA, Dominos, McDonald’s, Avon and CNN. Insider is a value-driven company and we provide equal opportunity in a zero-discrimination workplace. Insider not just welcomes but also embraces diversity. Therefore, all qualified candidates will be considered without regards to sex, race, color, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, citizenship or marital status. Lastly, Insider will provide all necessary arrangements for eligible individuals with disabilities.