Senior Software Engineer - PHP at UWorld, LLC (Hyderabad, India)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Hyderabad, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-08-28 05:00:07
UWorld is a worldwide leader in online test prep for college entrance, undergraduate, graduate, and professional licensing exams throughout the United States. Since 2003, millions of students have trusted us to help them prepare for high-stakes examinations.We are seeking a PHP Developer who is dedicated to writing best code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running. He/she will be part of a full-stack development team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development team from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, and launching.Your Role::
- Build, test and set up cutting-edge website applications in an efficient manner; work with other developers to fill data acquisition requirements.
- Identify and fix CSS, HTML, and scripting compatibility issues between a variety of platforms and browsers; test websites on different browsers and mobile device browsers; correct problems identified by customer feedback.
- Investigate and discover architectural considerations, such as web usability, site performance and database design, as part of the system design process; research and assess implementation alternatives for new application features.
- Collaborate and communicate with development teams and management to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, choose solutions, or develop content criteria.
- Develop procedures for ongoing website revision; recommend performance improvements; create and refine style guidelines for website content; select design tools, programming languages or applications.
- Provide detailed explanations of website specifications, such as activities, software, product features, programming languages, communication protocols and operating systems hardware and software.
- Maintain internal code documentation and employ/encourage best practices for developing such documentation.
- Remain up to date about current programming practices and web technologies through reading, continuing education opportunities or participation in professional workshops, groups, or conferences.
- 6-10 years of PHP Development Experience
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Yii etc.
- Experience in optimizing web applications for different browsers
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs, caching concepts, general web architecture
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (MySQL, MS SQL server, Postgres) and NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with cloud computing and services (Amazon AWS or Azure) is preferred.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills and ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively within a changing environment that is going through high growth
- Exceptional follow-through, personal drive, and ability to understand direction and feedback