Senior Java Developer - Cloud Protect - 'work with the best in Cyber Software'.. at Mimecast (Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel)
Location: Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-09-15 05:00:23
Do you enjoy technical challenges spanning complex microservice architectures, with millions of users, throughput in the 10’s of millions of events per second, and within a global estate of 10’s of thousands of servers?
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team in an expanding Engineering Department delivering products to 10’s of millions of users ranging from SME’s to leading brand Enterprises?
Here at Mimecast we protect our customers from an ever-evolving threat landscape, enabling them to go about their business safe in the knowledge that we are here to protect them.
We’re looking for someone with excellent problem-solving skills, experience developing software solutions at scale, and having a wide range of fullstack skills. A willingness to learn and create is equally important as you will be exposed to multiple layers of the ecosystem in this position.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a part of highly skilled team who are super passionate about solving problems with code, who love and enjoy their work and have lots of fun while they do. You will research, design and implement cloud security products using the most up to date technologies and frameworks.
The position will afford you an opportunity to learn from industry experts at the top of their game whilst also contributing to collective goals and celebrating our shared successes.
You will contribute to fullstack software development activities in a distributed server and front-end environment as well as API and microservices design within a high performing SaaS environment.
- Design, Develop and build tools and services with the Cloud Product suite of products to suit requirements
- Work with your team to provide the best and most appropriate solutions in collaborative way
- Be an ambassador for the Cloud Product team, maintaining high standards and ensuring your solutions are scalable, secure and consistent in their design.
- Build high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Support and trouble-shooting of production systems, occasionally outside of regular office hours when needed
- Proven expertise in a similar position
- At least 5 years of hands-on professional experience with OOP with sophisticated programming languages critically Core Java (and/or Ruby, PHP or Python).
- Familiarity with Linux platform environments
- Ideally a BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent in relevant subject field
- Experience in multi-threaded/multi-process development
- Data Base knowledge (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc)
- Basic knowledge in networking (TCPIP, other common network protocols, network topologies, routing)
- Experience with Cyber Technologies, Information Security and Software Security etc
- Experience with Enterprise level customers’ products design and programming
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including Employee Shares Purchase Plan (ESPP), pension, employee referral scheme bonus, Keren Hishtalmut, fitness subsidy. 17 days annual leave (+1 for each employee anniversary, enhanced public holidays allowance, meal reimbursement.
Office features: in our hyper modern and vibrant office space we provide snacks, fresh fruit, soft drinks, good coffee & good tea all day long. MacBooks (specific to dept) or ThinkPads, iPhones, multi-screen setups and any other tech you need. Pet Projects innovation competition, Patent support & expertise, study assistance, social & charity events, volunteering time off and an in-house Uni.
Check us out here too….