PHP Developer at UWorld, LLC (Hyderabad, India)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Hyderabad, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-09-19 05:00:09
UWorld is a worldwide leader in online test prep for college entrance, undergraduate, graduate, and professional licensing exams throughout the United States. Since 2003, over a million students have trusted us to help them prepare for high-stakes examinations.We are seeking a PHP Developer who is dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running. He/she will be part of a full-stack creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development team from the initial specification, through to developing, testing, and launching.:Your Role::
- Build, test and set up cutting-edge website applications in an efficient manner; work with other developers to fill data acquisition requirements.
- Identify and fix CSS, HTML, and scripting compatibility issues between a variety of platforms and browsers; test websites on different browsers and mobile device browsers; correct problems identified by customer feedback.
- Investigate and discover architectural considerations, such as web usability, site performance and database design, as part of the system design process; research and assess implementation alternatives for new application features.
- Collaborate and communicate with development teams and management to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, choose solutions, or develop content criteria.
- Develop procedures for ongoing website revision; recommend performance improvements; create and refine style guidelines for website content; select design tools, programming languages or applications.
- Provide detailed explanations of website specifications, such as activities, software, product features, programming languages, communication protocols and operating systems hardware and software.
- Maintain internal code documentation and employ/encourage best practices for developing such documentation.
- Remain up to date about current programming practices and web technologies through reading, continuing education opportunities or participation in professional workshops, groups, or conferences.
- 5+ years of experience with the design and development of PHP web applications backed by relational databases
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development using HTML5, CSS, jQuery, Bootstrap, and in back-end development using PHP and MySQL
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design patterns and principles and their uses in web applications
- Experience with development tools such as IDEs and Git version control
- Experience with the PHP web frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Yii, etc.
- Experience with application caching techniques and technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and services such as Amazon AWS
- Proficiency in UI/UX design with familiarity with responsive design
- Experience working with APIs for mobile applications
- Understanding of continuous development processes
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills (email, phone, etc.)
- Excellent analytical, communication and research skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills and ability to articulate ideas clearly and concisely
- Ability to work effectively within a changing environment that is going through high growth
- Exceptional follow-through, personal drive, and ability to understand direction and feedback