PHP Developer at Spear & Jackson (Sheffield, UK)
Location: Sheffield, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-10-21 05:00:10
Your new roleWithin this role you'll be working to develop and improve internal and external solutions for the organisation, alongside mentoring individuals within the department. You'll work closely with the management to shape the future of the company's technical capabilities. What you'll need to succeedYou'll need proven experience of working within a commercial environment, supporting and developing web-based applications. As well as the technical skills specified below, you must be comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels and have solid understanding of basic business information, including the complete quotation to cash process within a distribution & manufacturing environment. You will have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Experience with MySQL and handling of large datasets efficiently.
- Experience and familiarity with MVC frameworks, Laravel preferably.
- Experience with interfacing with external APIs (Exchange Server, & Active Directory using LDAP).
- Comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Experience with using Docker to provide a web environment.
- Understanding of software design principles.
- A systematic approach to solving technical problems.
- Ability to communicate to senior stakeholders effectively, articulating complex technical matters to non-technical stakeholders.
- Basic version control knowledge, Git preferably.