Senior Quality Assurance Engineer / SDET - Remote at Theorem, LLC () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-10-28 05:01:23
WHAT YOU'LL DOAs our Senior Quality Assurance Engineer / SDET you will lead the effort to define requirements, processes and tools to ensure our software is of the highest quality. You will be working side by side with other experts on our team to deliver context-based automated testing tools and solutions to help identify issues across multiple integrated systems. Please note our project teams are working with clients in the Pacific Time Zone, UTC -7. Successful candidates will need to align a portion of their day with the morning hours of our clients. At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.WHO YOU AREAs Senior QA Engineer / SDET you are eager to dive into a product as early as possible to test new features. You believe in BDD and TDD and you are not afraid to jump in without polished requirements. You possess the drive to get things done. You partner with product managers and engineers to get clarification when you need it.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate quality testing efforts.
- Design and implement automated testing solutions, and integrate them into a continuous integration/delivery pipeline.
- Collaborate in a consultative environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Test Automation Engineer or Software Engineer.
- 2+ years of current/recent experience building and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks for enterprise web, mobile and APIs using tools including Selenium WebDriver and/or TestCafe.
- Strong experience writing with multiple programming languages is a plus. Languages include Ruby, Python and NodeJS are preferred.
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment with Jenkins test automation tool is required.
- Previous experience and a solid understanding of working in a TDD/BDD environment.
- Previous remote work experience is required.
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is required.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous consulting experience is a must.
- Solid experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL WHEN YOU
- Hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid of challenges outside of it
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- Happily receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- Embrace continuous learning - Whether you are learning to help your team or customer work through new concepts and technology
- Are astute. You know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- Are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- Work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally