Full Stack Software Developer (m/w/d) Discipline data management at Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG) (Geesthacht, Deutschland)
Location: Geesthacht, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-21 05:01:00
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (HZG), in Geesthacht, near Hamburg, and in Teltow, near Berlin, conducts materials and coastal research. For further information please refer to: www.hzg.de
HZG is one of the 19 national institutions of the Hermann von Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres e.V. (HGF). Around 1,000 employees carry out basic research and development work in close cooperation with national and international research institutions, research-oriented clinics and economic and public institutions.
At the Institute of Coastal Research about 150 scientists research processes on the coast and interactions between the land, the sea and humans. The objective of the three sub-institutes "Biogeochemistry in Coastal Seas", "Operational Systems" and "System Analysis and Modelling" is to create the scientific basis for sustainable development and future-oriented management of the coasts.
Full-Stack Software Developer (m/w/d) at the Helmholtz Coastal Data Centers (HCDC) Discipline data management
Reference code: 50043547_4 – 2020/KB 8Commencement date: as soon as possibleThe place of employment is Geesthacht.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer (m/f/d) in the area of scientific data management for our Institute of Coastal Research, starting at the next possible date. Currently, the position is limited to 2 years.
Within the newly funded Helmholtz Coastal Data Center (HCDC) we are establishing a central digital infrastructure for acquisition, processing, long-term archiving and distribution of data and research results of the Institute of Coastal Research and of associated national and international coastal research partners. As part of this department, you will help shaping essential parts of the infrastructure that will be used to provide model, observational and sample data to the scientific community and the public.
- Developing central components of the HCDC Portal
- Implementing, developing and maintaining innovative software solutions within the team
- Administrating software applications
- Analyzing requirements and system designs
- Documenting solutions and results
- Contributing, evaluating, and revising existing methodologies and technologies continuously and independently
- Successfully completed university studies in Computer Science or a comparable qualification
- Several years of experience with cross-server web applications
- Experience with development of Progressive-Web-Apps with modern web frameworks (Vue, Angular, React), preferentially with Angular 2+ and RxJS
- Experience with backend development (preferentially NodeJS, ExpressJS)
- Knowledge of Linux systems as user
- Ability to think analytically as well as an understanding of complex facts
- Distinct communicative skills and capacity for teamwork
- Good knowledge of English or German (speaking and writing)
- Experience with the operation of an Elasticsearch Cluster and the querying of indices
- Knowledge of version control software (Git)
- Knowledge of the Feature Manipulation Engine (FME)
- Experience with the development of API interfaces
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with using Tomcat
- Basic knowledge of test frameworks (Mocha/Chai)
- a multinational work environment with over 1,000 colleagues from more than 50 nations
- extensive options of vocational training (i. a. expert seminars, language courses or leadership seminars)
- flexible working hours and various models to ensure the compatibility of family and career
- excellent infrastructure, including a scientific in-house library as well as modern work spaces
- remuneration according to the standards of the collective wage agreement TV-AVH including further social benefits
The promotion of equal rights is a matter of course for us. Severely disabled persons and those equaling severely disabled persons who are equally suitable for the position will be considered preferentially within the framework of legal requirements.
Interested? Then we are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application documents (cover letter, CV, transcripts, certificates etc.) indicating the reference number 2020/KB 8.Please start the online application process for this offered position via www.hzg.de category Career & Campus.
Closing date: December 20th, 2020Contact: Ms. Stella Knufinke