Full Stack engineers at Data Gumbo Corporation (Houston, TX)
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-21 05:01:03
Data Gumbo is looking for talented full-stack software developers with experience within cloud solutions such as MS Azure, Amazon or Google Cloud. Data Gumbo offers Blockchain As A Service (BaaS) within Oil & Gas, Shipping and Logistics, to automate transactions, reduce inefficiencies and guarantee execution of terms using Blockchain Smart Contracts.
The Full Stack Software Developer is responsible for designing and developing systems-level software and providing systems support, while constantly improving performance through established metrics. This position offers the ability to concentrate on one module or participate in system-wide development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build containerized cloud solutions that are secure, performant, and scalable. Understand the existing code base and design and build new features to meet market requirements.
- Apply generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software.
- Provide assistance and routine consultation to internal users or other team members as needed.
- Implement tools and techniques to increase programming efficiency and quality.
- Willingness to follow through with an issue until resolved
- Openness to new technologies, old technologies, or whatever technologies are required to best solve a problem
- Ability to think through a solution from different aspects to find holes, not just accepting the solution after it works the first time
- Ability to take and give criticism so we can all grow
- Varied experience (multiple languages, industries, roles, etc.) is a plus
- Interest in helping to define processes, procedures and standards is a plus
- Positive attitude and able to thrive in a fast-moving, changing startup environment
6-10 years software development experience
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- building front-end web UIs that are both functional and beautiful
- building scalable back-end solutions, especially in Node.js and/or C# (ASP.NET core)
- messaging systems, Kafka preferred
- building RESTful APIs, GraphQL experience a plus
- idiomatic programming
- data visualization (graphing libraries, d3)
- cloud platforms, especially Azure
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
Prefer experience in the following
- Front end technologies, such as React, Angular
- Building scalable back end solutions.
- SaaS product development
- Oil and Gas