Senior Web Developer (m/f/d) at UJAM Music Technology GmbH (Bremen, Germany)
Location: Bremen, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-12-02 05:00:09
You will strengthen our team in Bremen, Germany and will help us to continuously improve our own products (e.g. www.ujam.com) as well as implementing projects for our customers in contract development.
You have in-depth knowledge and experience in web development and bring a wide range of expertise in the latest technologies. Coding is one of your greatest passions and you code fluently in several programming languages. You write well-abstracted, reusable code and are able to adapt existing technologies to a demanding, ever-changing environment without reinventing the wheel.
- An eye for graphics: You implement templates from the designer true to detail and even complex animations do not cause you any headaches.
- Good knowledge of PHP and WordPress—ideally also TYPO3.
- Experience in the field of relational databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge in the area of performance optimization and caching
- Knowledge of common modern design patterns in web development
- Source code versioning and release management with Git
- Knowledge of DevOps (e.g. Ansible, Docker, AWS)
- Very good written and spoken English skills
Ideally, you also have experience in as many of the following areas as possible:
- Node.js and NPM
- CSS meta languages: SCSS, LESS
- Automated Web-Testing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Services (REST, JSON)
- Working with Unix-like operating systems, command line tools, shell scripting
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, CloudFront, etc.)
- Project planning with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Agile software development, work in a Scrum team
You recognize yourself in the following:
- You are eager to realize ideas.
- You push your ideas forward and inspire yourself and others to do so.
- You are resourceful, persistent and resilient in pursuing your goals.
- You are willing to take risks and take responsibility.
- You can make decisions in critical situations with confidence, value an autonomous way of working, and appreciate your responsibility for our product.
- You work in a structured way.
- You keep calm and maintain clarity—also in chaotic situations.
- You help your teammates to work in a well-organized way.
- Working with people is easy for you.
- You are sensitive to international exchange and cultural differences.
- You make sure that your decisions and actions are aligned with your colleagues.
Joy of Conflict
- It is in your nature to question the status quo.
- You express your opinion and defend it in sparring.
- You know what "agree to disagree" means and can apply it.
- You feel comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- You master context switching and multitasking.
- Ideally, you are also interested in music.
- You actively follow technical trends and new developments.
- You are interested in people and their personal development.
- You are interested in modern organization forms and prefer to work in a constantly changing and adapting system rather than in a fixed structure with clearly defined hierarchies.
We’d like you to participate!
Based on our product strategy, you should be able to set your own priorities in a flexible, informal working environment, with short paths and flat hierarchies. You help shape our path and provide new food for thought.
In return, you get the tools and equipment that work best for you (MacBook Pro, Windows laptop etc.) and, if desired, employment benefits to encourage capital formation (“Vermögenswirksame Leistungen” in German), a company bicycle or an investment in your beauty and health (→ www.hansefit.de)