Senior Fullstack Developer (Core Platform Services) at Smartly.io (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-12-02 05:00:10
We are looking for a full-time Senior Fullstack Developer to join our team Aether. In the team you will get to build Smartly’s cross-platform functionality by developing services and functionality to end-users as well as to other developer teams within Smartly.io.
We are quite agnostic about technology and always aim to choose the best tools for the job. On the backend, our favoured stack is NodeJS in combination with TypeScript usually coupled with PostgreSQL and/or RabbitMQ. On the front-end side of things, React with TypeScript is the flavour du jour.
The main problem domain of the team is user and access management. We are tackling the security features of the Smartly product by utilizing role based access control (RBAC) and dynamic access control. With role based access control we are able to streamline the user experience for our end-users who could be either designers or analysts. Furthermore, we can improve the security of Smartly for our customers by restricting access for the said users to features and data they should not use or see. Dynamic access control aims to limit the users access to certain set of dynamic resources and with such limitations in place we can enable our customers to utilize all the goodies Smartly has to offer for multiplatform paid social marketing such as providing reporting in single view for all of the ad platforms, such as Facebook, Pinterest and Snapchat. In addition, the team is paving a way for our customers to easily migrate their users as well as to login into Smartly via Single Sign On functionality, while also improving the security of their company account. And on top of all this we also own the users within the Smartly application.
On the messaging side we’re tackling in-app notifications and email notifications. With timely delivered notifications we will be able to enable efficient asynchronous workflows for our customers so they will be notified when their actions are completed. And of course we will be able to notify end-users on the important actions they need to take.
As a Fullstack Developer you will:
- Have cradle-to-grave ownership of vertical slices of our platform.
- Writing code and automated test
- Doing code reviews
- Documenting our services and communicating our offerings to other teams within Smartly
- Breaking our monolith into maintainable microservices
- Work with our stakeholders—be them UX, product, infrastructure, or our support function—to ensure we meet customers where they are.
- Assist our support functions, both in an advisory role and as a participant. That's right; we all do customer support.
- Participate in our development process improvement
What we are looking for:
- Experience in building web backends using any reasonable stack. We appreciate experience in the NodeJS stack, and ability to understand PHP code as that is our legacy stack that we’re trying to break down into microservices, but if you have experience in another web stack we can work it out.
- Fluency with current frontend development toolchains, whether that be React, Vue or Angular.
- Drive to solve customer problems and deliver value at a fast pace.
What we offer you:
- You'll join a maturing team with a portfolio that isn't bogged down by years of legacy. You can and will have a significant impact on both what we build and how we build things.
- Our projects are a part of the DNA of our product, which means that every other team will have some skin in the game. Your work will impact our customers and our business.
- You will own your work, and we will support you in that ownership.
- If you're interested in working closely with customers, you'll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced online marketers out there.
- Support for relocation.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
What to expect from our recruitment process
- First meeting: we're getting to know each other.
- Coding challenge: you'll get a challenge to test your coding skills which you can do at a time that suits you.
- Meeting the Team Lead: learn more about your future team.
- Technical interviews: you take part in an interactive coding interview with one of our developers followed by a discussion around Systems Design and Architecture.
- Explore and Expand: we'll dig deeper into your main interests and core skills.