NodeJS Developer (m/f/d) at Relayr (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:19
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by many companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Being at the forefront of innovation means challenging the status quo. Our talented engineering team is committed to delivering first-class IoT solutions and staying ahead of the competition. Currently, we are looking to hire a NodeJS Developer to join our team in Berlin. You will join a team of backend and QA engineers and be responsible for developing IoT projects based on Microsoft Azure IoT services for our customers. You will build data streaming and storage infrastructure, services providing real business value, analytics workflows, and work on scalability and performance challenges. You will work with Azure Cloud services including but not limited to: IoT Hub, Event Hub, Citus, Functions, Data Lake.
We are looking for someone experienced in design and development of distributed cloud services with an understanding of performance, scalability, multithreading issues and desire to learn and experiment with new technology.
- Design, develop, and maintain IoT software (microservices, lambdas, analytics jobs).
- Add value with every iteration to help us move quickly.
- Take initiatives on new technologies, ideas and approaches.
- Help shape our leading-edge stack and processes.
- Bring creative engineering solutions to a challenging distributed system.
- Help design usable and clean APIs for our IoT services.
- Collaborate with colleagues in a fluid, cross-functional team environment.
- Guide other team members in handling more complex issues.
- Minimum 4+ years experience in backend engineering, preferably with NodeJS
- Experience with components in our stack is a bonus
- Expertise in building REST APIs (e.g. Koa, Swagger)
- Understanding distributed systems (e.g. Kafka, MQTT, OAuth 2.0)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch)
- Comfortably working with Unix-like systems and DevOps (e.g. Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Azure)
- Able to work in a structured, agile, and test-oriented manner
Nice to Have:
- Experience with cloud service providers, particularly Azure
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience with a data processing framework (such as Spark, Flink, or Kafka Streams)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience in data science or data engineering
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.