Sr. Software Engineer, MarkUp at Ceros () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:21
MarkUp is the leading visual commenting platform for images and live websites. It’s the perfect companion in your creative process to bring teams together, helping close the feedback loop for anyone that works with multiple collaborators on a project.
Within just 12 months, we have signed up over 50,000 users, winning two awards on Product Hunt. 2021 is already looking to be a bright year for MarkUp as we grow out our nimble product team.
Our customers include some of the world’s leading brands such as Verizon, Herbalife, Getty Images, BDO, Colliers, AIG, Rosetta Stone, Johnson & Johnson, and Dolby.
We are owned and operated by our parent company Ceros— a design platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital experiences without code. As we share the same DNA as Ceros, we’re also passionate about helping companies transform their approach to creating and managing digital content.
We are well-funded and institutionally-backed by prominent investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
Building a product that can ingest and render well any website is no easy task! We require the best-of-the-best, those who are ready to get creative and find solutions to complex problems across multiple browsers, stacks and platforms.
After a strong first year of nailing down product basics and building a foundational user base, we’re now expanding the product in numerous ways. These include but are not limited to building out our paid tiers, integrating with a multitude of other products (Asana, Jira, Trello, Slack, Figma, etc.), and improving upon the overall user experience with greater stability and performance of the MarkUp product. Our goal is to make MarkUp an integral part of anyone’s creative workflow. This is not just about making marketing or creative teams more efficient. It’s about empowering content collaboration across the entire organization.
The MarkUp codebase is 92% TypeScript, comprising multiple services and packages, predominantly NodeJS based. We use libraries like React, Express, Lerna, Webpack and Jest. We believe in using the right tool for the job, our infrastructure runs on NodeJS, Redis, AWS Aurora, Kubernetes, Terraform and Ansible on AWS.
As part of the MarkUp team, you’ll be working with a small, cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward.
We have a dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much -- whether it’s cracking jokes in the chat room or poking fun at the Ceros CEO’s atrocious spelling.
- Writing maintainable code (probably goes without saying)
- Writing unit, functional and e2e tests
- Planning and leading high-complexity stories and epics
- Reviewing story docs and offering insights on impacts to other parts of the application
- Performing code reviews and helping to enforce our code and architectural standards
- Participating as a primary on-call resource for service disruptions
- Handling superfriend responsibilities with minimal assistance
- Acting as release owner
- Mentoring other software engineers
- Suggesting new technologies and techniques to improve engineer productivity
- Agonizing over the user experience until even a trained monkey could use the product
- Collaborating with and mentoring your peers on security best practices
- And finally, deploying your code to production and seeing the customer revel in feedback loop nirvana.
- Bonus Stuff:
- Background in B2B or SaaS and Product-Led Growth Companies
- Experience working in a remote-first environment
Key Things to Know
- This is a remote role
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation days
- Stock options in Ceros with increased incentives as MarkUp scales
- Premium health insurance
- Excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.)
- Paid parental leave
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.