Lead Engineer at Transak (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:22
The Technical Lead will be a 'doer' who can build across the whole stack of the backend, frontend, and DevOps/infrastructure. Over time you will increasingly take on hiring, management, and leadership responsibilities as the team grows, however you will also need to be hands on with development. This will be a challenging and rewarding role in building and scaling both our engineering culture and our systems as Transak undergoes rapid growth
Why should I join Transak?
Transak is a developer integration for a fiat-to-crypto payment gateway. This solves the important problem of allowing mainstream people and businesses to access crypto and blockchain. It does this by integrating local compliance, payment methods, and liquidity from around the world. Transak is backed by ConsenSys, The LAO, Lunex, and Mycelium Ventures.What are the perks?
- Above market pay - We all reap the fruits of collective hard work.
- Flexible work times - We know timing productivity isn't a one-size-fits-all approach. We embrace both morning larks and late night owls.
- Remote workdays - We're supporting you in working from home, not just during Covid-19.
- A fast-moving, fun, and international company made up of skilful team players
- Transparent, open, and collaborative work environment
- Equity options so you can share in the success of the company
- Office stocked with free snacks and drinks
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs
- As we are backend by ConsenSys, you will be working with the industry experts
Technologies we use: NodeJS, React, MongoDB, Redis, AWS
- Oversee and advise all product lines related to payments, ranging from KYC, verification and onboarding, to fraud, billing, and reporting
- Coach and mentor talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback and setting clear goals. Assist in calibrating and developing the engineering team as a whole.
- Onboarding new developers to the team
- Running code reviews and ensuring code quality
- Integrate with new local payment solution to increase our fiat coverage
- Lead the team in building critical systems that process millions of dollars in payments and require around-the-clock availability
- Decompose our monolithic NodeJS app into microservices
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our backend systems
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter
- Write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- You have at least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- You have excellent knowledge of software design and architecture
- You have 2+ years of experience as a Technical Lead managing a team of more than ten engineers
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know-how to compose a service-oriented architecture
- You write high quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- Deep understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices
- Interest in crypto and blockchain and blockchain applications
- Deep understanding of Git
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g., software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain a dev/build environment and handle security and scaling issues
- Past experience in the financial technology and/or crypto domains
Nice to have:
- Contribution to open-source software
- Experience in DeFi
- Developing DApps or interacting with blockchains
- Experience with Docker, containers, and Kubernetes
- Love to hack on weekend projects
Why join us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We really mean this! Transak accepts you for who you are!