Senior Software Developer - Data Visualization Team at AbCellera (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:22
AbCellera is a dedicated group of 150+ people based in the heart of beautiful Vancouver and we’re growing quickly! Recently featured as Fast Company’s Innovative Team of the Year, AbCellera offers a unique interdisciplinary work environment that fosters creativity and collaboration. You’ll join a team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, physicists, and fellow computer scientists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
AbCellera’s Data Visualization team creates cutting-edge software that enables our scientists to gain insights into the large, complex datasets we generate in-house. What kind of data, you ask? Data describing thousands of therapeutic possibilities for any given disease. All we have to do is mine this data to find the therapeutics with the greatest potential.
That’s where you come in. You will be a Senior developer of CeliumTM, AbCellera’s antibody data visualization software. With your technical expertise, you will help us design and develop robust, long-term software solutions to challenging data visualization problems. Ultimately, your work will enable scientists to dig deeper into therapeutic datasets and choose the very best antibodies to move forward into therapeutic development.
Don’t have a biology background? Not a problem - you don’t need one to excel here! On any given day you might:
- Guide and review the high-level architecture and infrastructure decisions of the team
- Design and develop web APIs, implementing solutions that enable communication with other teams and technologies
- Lead the front-end and back-end development of technically demanding features
- Seek opportunities to advance our productivity and quality across the team by identifying better practices and evaluating new technologies
- Mentor and support team members in their professional growth
Our current tech stack:
- Angular 9
What we’re looking for:
- A seasoned software developer who is motivated to build innovative products, maintain a clean codebase, and collaborate with an awesome team
- 10+ years of industry experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of server-side languages and architectures
- Proficiency with modern web languages and frameworks
- Experience delivering quality code across the full technical stack
- Experience with API design
- Proficiency modelling complex, interrelated data structures
- A passion for solving complex problems with elegant, simple, maintainable and extensible solutions
- Enviable software design practices: delivery of clean, reusable, documented, tested and version-controlled code
- Experience profiling and tuning the performance of web applications
- Excellent communication skills both with technical and non-technical colleagues
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- Did you take 3+ courses in Biology at the university level, or equivalent work experience? Or maybe you excelled in science at school? We’d love to know.
Perks of the job:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in one of our beautiful offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
Introduce yourself by heading to our website to submit your application. Remember to refer to Job ID 4019 in your cover letter. We’ll be in touch if you’re selected for an interview.