Senior Engineering Manager at Better Holdco, Inc () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:23
A Better opportunity:
As a Senior Engineering Manager on the Mortgage Engine team, you will work closely with talented engineers, designers, data scientists and executive leaders throughout the company to build products that will allow Better to scale rapidly.
Your teams will focus on strategic areas of the company that include:
- Credit Decisioning: How do we build a sophisticated decisioning process that is faster, consumer focused and more accurate than anything else on the market. How do we save our customers time? How can machines read financial documents accurately? How do we use consumer financial graphs to power ‘better’ personal experiences?
- Sales & Operations Efficiency: Building world class tools that allow our sales and operations teams to communicate with customers like no other mortgage team in the world can. This position is instrumental to creating technology in which our customers feel valued and in the know.
- Loan Origination: How do we originate loans faster? How can we provide our consumers a streamlined closing process that is how they want it and when they want it? How can we make this antiquated process more reliable & provide more visibility at every step?
- You're a strong technical manager with 10+ years of experience
- You have experience leading multiple teams and staff level engineers, as well as mentoring junior managers (team of 20+)
- Experience leading technical initiatives with impact across multiple teams
- Experience building out processes and recruiting in an organization undergoing hyper growth
- You empower your team to make decisions and have a track record of enabling engineers and engineering managers to grow professionally
- You’re interested in solving complex problems that have a real world impact
The tech team is currently 200+ engineers and growing quickly
Our CTO, Erik Bernhardsson, used to run the data and music recommendation team at Spotify. He is the open source author of a few popular projects like Annoy and Luigi and writes a blog about (mostly) data
- We ship code 50-100+ times every day
- Node.js with Typescript, Python and Go for services
- React, Ember.js, Typescript on the frontend
- Postgres for the database, Redshift for our Data warehouse
- Kafka and ActiveMQ for messaging
- Kubernetes, for deployment and devops
- AWS for infrastructure, using EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route53, and much more