Senior Engineer - API Developer (Identity & Authentication) at LoginID (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:23
We are looking for a passionate and self-starting API Developer from the Identity and Authentication space. Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing APIs and SDKs to service our developer and enterprise clients. Building is in your nature, and you have an appreciation for, both, back-end and front-end technologies. As an experienced API Developer, you are well-versed with designing, coding and writing documentation, creating the ultimate onboarding experience for developers.
Our current code base includes languages like Go, Typescript, Rust, and technologies like SQL.
- You’ve worked in a senior role and are comfortable collaborating with teams to build APIs and SDKs that have been widely used by the technical community. You are passionate about building value in new ecosystems. In addition:
- At least 7 years of experience as an API Developer and have done architecture and design work
- You’re familiar with the following languages: Go, Typescript, Rust, Nodejsand with the following technologies: SQL, NoSQL.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and clear SDK Interfaces across multiple languages
- Experience with OAuth2, OpenID Connect and Token-based Authentication
- You have built API and SDK platform for 3rd party integrations that have been consumed by developers at scale
- Comfortable researching, designing and sharing your technical design, architecture and coding ideas
- Have written automated test scripts for what you have built
- Can write clear API documentation, tutorials and communication materials
- You thrive in fast-paced start-up and scale-up environments and are able to meet tight delivery deadlines