Front End Developer at Intelage () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:24
About Us: Intelage is on a mission to simplify the $17+ Trillion global trade market. Our platform connects the worldwide network of agricultural commodity suppliers, buyers, logistics providers and financial institutions, enabling faster, reliable and streamlined trades. Utilizing continuous improvement and creative thinking, our team ensures that our customer’s goods are purchased, processed and reach their final destinations around the globe as efficiently as possible.
It is an exciting time to join our company - Intelage is expanding quickly due to Industry growth and demand for our services. We're looking to expand our development team, filling a number of key roles. At the moment we are in need of a talented Senior Front End Engineer to join our team.
Each new person we hire will have a significant impact on increasing the happiness of our customers by pioneering new ideas and designing and launching products and services. Here at Intelage, you can make a sizable impact in drastically improving the efficiency of the movement of goods around the globe. If this is interesting to you, Intelage is the place to be.
Description: As a Senior Front End Engineer at Intelage, you will design, develop, deploy and iterate compelling products and services for our customers. Collaborating with design, product and technical peers, this is a high-impact, key role on our nascent and fast-growing technical team. This position reports to our Director of Software Engineering.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, architects, engineers, and operations team members to build new platform services and features
- Responsible for the Front-End feature development for all of our products, working side by side with our Product Designer and Product Development team
- Collaborate in an agile environment to understand business requirements and translate those needs to actionable development code using best practices
- Be a tactical champion of a continuous improvement software development culture
- Supporting existing codebases while building next-generation software architecture in new technologies
- Deeply own the front end's entire lifecycle development
- Work with design, product management and QA to develop and execute the technical roadmap
- Own, build on and continuously improve the design/architecture and subsequent implementation and continuous iterative development of your work
- Design, develop and deploy features for the company's core web applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and enforce them across the team
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactoring to the code baseline
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best development practices.
- Experiment with technologies, solving the problems of scaling, latencies while keeping a check on cost and quality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 4+ years of professional software development experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- 3+ years of experience in OOP, knowledge of relevant design patterns and designing highly scalable systems
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experienced full-stack developer in the following technologies (ideally): Typescript, React, NestJS, MongoDB, AWS, CI, GraphQL, CloudFront, Docker
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to dive deep and discover true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions
- A high degree of comfort operating in a sometimes ambiguous, fast changing environment with rapid iteration cycles
- Proven delivery of complex technical roadmaps and be detail oriented with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Experience with the Scrum and Agile methodology and experience working within and leading Agile teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Intelage is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are focused on bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.Benefits:
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance