Senior Frontend Engineer, React (m/f/d) at Shop Apotheke (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:24
We are the online pharmacy for Europe: Shop Apotheke. We’re on a journey to be no longer limited to selling pharmaceutical goods but be recognised as a customer-centric and technology-driven e-pharmacy and healthcare platform. Join our tech & product team, to become part of the mission to propel the company to the next level in the digital healthcare and wellness market!
Shop Apotheke is publicly listed (google us to see how we’re doing on the stock market). Our customer-facing platform serves over six million users in seven European countries: Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, France X and Switzerland. We hire a total of 1,200+ people; there are more than 90 of us in the tech and product team, and we’re still growing.
We offer you to work on a greenfield project and experience a start-up feel, while at the same time being backed by the secure structure and financials of Shop Apotheke. The upcoming introduction of e-prescriptions in Germany and other European countries means the way patients receive and manage their medication will change entirely. Our tech and product team is shaping the digital tools for the e-prescriptions future. Come and build with us!
Our tech stack:
TypeScript, ES6, React, Redux, Node.js, ESI, Varnish, Docker, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, REST-APIs
- You want to make an impact on the product you build and the people around you.
- Your primary focus is Frontend, but you feel comfortable in an environment where a Frontend Engineer does 80% frontend and 20% backend related tasks with js and Typescript.
- You can dockerise applications for local development, production deployments and know how to set up a CI/CD pipeline.
- You like to test your code before the QA engineers do it and you are experienced with unit and integration testing.
- You feel responsible for your code and actively check production logs/alerts to make sure it runs well as expected.
- An agile and outcome-oriented organisation, where respect for talent and honest work are fundamental values.
- Direct communication, respect and collegial approach are vital points of our code of conduct.
- English is our working language; we are a diverse and international
- Your growth helps our growth. We have a training budget dedicated to the engineering team, and it’s up to you to choose what conferences or workshops you spend it on.
- In case you want to learn German, we support you with free German classes.
- You can devote 10% of your working time to personal development projects. Be it contributing in our Frontend community; soft-skills training or a problem that you wouldn’t deal with otherwise.
- For parents, we offer a monthly subsidy for kindergarten.
- You are free to choose your operating system and your IDE - we pair it with powerful modern hardware that suits your needs perfectly.
- 28 days of vacation per year.
- 10% employee discount on all OTC & BPC products in our online store.