Team Lead / Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at springbig inc. (Montreal, QC, Canada)
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:25
Senior Ruby on Rails (ROR) Developer
Montreal, Quebec Canada (Local Candidates Only)
Springbig Canada (Grandprintemp Canada), is a subsidiary of Springbig Inc., that is the US leading loyalty marketing and communications platform in the cannabis industry, working with over 1,300 unique storefronts and building up a cumulative database of over 20 million consumers. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows our dispensary clients to configure a custom loyalty program and through this loyalty program build a database of consumers. Our platform also boasts this industry’s most comprehensive communications engine, allowing our dispensary clients to market to their database of consumers via SMS and email (primarily focused on SMS marketing) in a personalized way.
Our team boasts a combination of some of the most accomplished and experienced titans of the tech and marketing space, as well the most talented young minds in the industry. We found business owners in the cannabis industry to be underserved and in most cases ignored, so we designed our platform to give dispensaries and producers the most innovative tools in marketing – and we never stop innovating.
Our mission is to offer the leading SaaS loyalty marketing and communications platform to help businesses grow their brand, increase marketing visibility and their revenue
To continue to be an industry leader and innovator by delivering a quality technology and marketing platform for our customers with world class customer service.
Our headquarter is located in beautiful Montreal, Quebec Canada with team members distributed around North America. You will work remotely as we prepare to open our office in 2021.
What will I be working on?
As a Senior ROR Developer, you’ll be working with us in all aspects of the product, from its core infrastructure to its front-end. As a part of the development team, you’ll wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, take the lead on building complex features and continuously find opportunities to improve performance and increase reliability.
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional software development experience in Ruby on Rails (ROR)
- Significant experience building web applications that have shipped
- You are comfortable managing other developers and conducting code reviews
- Experience working with Rails, CoffeeScript, Sass, Rspec/Capybara, Slim, MySQL and Git in a team environment
- You enjoy writing well-tested, well-organized code
Preferred Experiences: React Native, AWS Kinesis, Athena, API Gateway, Vue or other JS frameworks
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, development and delivery of database solutions, back end applications, process, and APIs
- Implement the integration with external APIs and data providers.
- Design, develop, and deploy the APIs to integrate across multiple new and existing business applications.
- Manage and deploy the infrastructure to support the platform ecosystem.
- Coordinate the development with other technology platforms.
- Design the database schemas.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance (QA) during hand-over and subsequent defect correction (fixes bugs).
- Refactoring, as necessitated by addition of features or in response to code review.
- Implement automated tests.
- Continuous interaction with Team members via Jira, Confluence and other tools
Our current stack:
- Rails 6
- Vue.js / React Native
- MySQL 8 / Aurora PostgreSQL 11
What are we looking for in a team member?
- Your specialization is less important than your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
We’re especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code.
- You know when to unit test and when to “just ship it”.
What’s it like to work at springbig?
It’s awesome! We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Choose your own equipment
- Casual and comfortable working environment
Expect to join an office that infuses lightness and creativity into our days, such as:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy “bar”
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Laser Tag in the office
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge