Lead Quality Engineer at PeerWell Inc. () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:25
Are you an engineer that likes to build solutions to real problems? Have you ever seen the software that healthcare asks you and your family to use and thought “I could build something better than this!”? PeerWell is looking for a Lead Quality Engineer to do just that. We need help in how we build, test, and ship products from inception to release. We are a remote first company and are looking for somebody on the east coast of the US or Canada to join our growing team. We are helping people lead more productive and fulfilling lives by helping them return to work faster, resume activities they love, and spend quality time with their loved ones and we need help to grow our products to do that.
As our Lead Quality Engineer you will own PeerWells overall approach to quality. In this role you will:
- Define PeerWells overall quality strategy
- Build, maintain, and scale our test automation infrastructure
- Contribute to test automation infrastructure by writing and augmenting test libraries and services
- Work closely with team members to improve quality through the entire SDLC from requirements to testing and release
- Contribute to software design and code reviews
In addition you will help found our SRE team, and help set the groundwork for our deployment and production support strategy.
- You know quality and you:
- Are deeply familiar with both frontend and backend testing tools and techniques.
- Are OK with manual testing where necessary.
- Are a champion of test automation
- You like to code and you:
- Have managed, supported, or built async systems and queues and worker threads and all the components and concepts needed to ensure that data is not corrupted in these types of environments.
- Know Mongo/No-SQL and MySQL-like systems
- Have deployed products to AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, or similar.
- Love containerization like Kubernetes and Docker
- You know how to build products and you:
- Are a collaborator with the entire team to help write stories and acceptance tests.
- Can read and understand, refactor, and comment on code.
- Know how to estimate coding effort.
- Know Git, and know how to perform merge or pull requests.
- Know agile, sprints, scrum or kanban and generally how to work with a team.
- You are a great communicator
- You write and speak excellent English.
- You have 5-7 years of experience as a an engineer or quality engineer
- You have a bachelors of science degree in computer science or equivalent
Location - Remote
- This job is a remote hire based anywhere in the Americas or Europe with a preference for the Eastern Americas.