Senior Software Engineer at Citizens Bank (Providence, RI)
Location: Providence, RI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:28
Citizens Bank is seeking experienced and energetic software developers to join our Consumer Technology team and be part of our digital transformation journey.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with fellow technology and business colleagues to implement enterprise grade API’s and other shared services. Citizens is embarking on an exciting digital transformation journey that includes state-of-the-art web and mobile apps as well as APIs, AI and data driven products.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Be a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Write code and automated test scripts
- Participate and lead product envisioning, design and development.
- Develop enterprise grade API’s (REST, gRPC) to advance the digital transformation journey
- Be responsible for product envisioning, analysis, detailed design, developing/coding, testing and implementation of software components
- Lead and mentor other junior engineering colleagues
- Collaborate and communicate across business and technology teams
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in Agile practices
- Programming Languages (Java, C++, C#, Golang etc.)
- Solid understanding and experience writing RESTful JSON-based APIs
- Experience working in AWS or GCP or Azure cloud environments
- Working knowledge of frameworks such as Angular.js
- Working knowledge of Subversion, bitbucket.
- Experience interfacing with back-end applications using RESTful services, and JSON.
- Worked on Writing JUnit testcases ( mockito).
- Understands database concepts – proficient in writing relational database queries – MySQL
- Ability to develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application that meets the defined requirements (business, system performance and standards)
- Experience in highly-secured online environments that use n-tier designs and extensive firewalling to enhance security.
- Strong desire to take on work in all skillsets, JAVA, CMS, UI and QA.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with in-memory computing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials
Hours and Work Schedule:
Hours per Week:40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.