Database Administrator with MySQL and DynamoDB at Greenlight Financial Technology, Inc. (Atlanta, GA)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:28
Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores and automating allowance.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
Greenlight is looking for a Database Administrator to own our data infrastructure and administration.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering.
Technologies we use:
- Node.js, Java, Swift, Kotlin
- React, Redux, Express
- REST, gRPC
- MySQL, DocumentDB, Redis, s3
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Istio
What you will be doing:
- SQL/NoSQL Data Administration and Storage (Indexing/Clustering/Sharding/Replication/HA)
- Facilitate the use of database infrastructure and standards.
- Ensure we have the proper observability and alerting.
- Mature and implement a disaster recovery plan.
- Manage database access controls.
What you should bring:
- Experience with mission critical SQL and NoSQL databases across multiple database platforms
- Experience in database development and support in a cloud environment
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication and connectivity issues, etc.
- Experience in performance tuning, query optimization and performance monitoring
- Experience in administering AWS RDS/Aurora or DynamoDB
Who we are: In late 2020, Greenlight was valued at $1.2B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially-smart kids, apply to join our team today. Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.