Senior DevOps Engineer at Income Discovery () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:29
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Income Discovery, you will use your software development skills to improve the operational and security aspects of our services.
- Define, design, build and support secure, highly available infrastructure services
- Create automated processes around building, testing, deploying, monitoring, and incident response
- Take responsibility for securing, monitoring, and defending our AWS-based systems. Develop, test, and implement the security features of our services and infrastructure. Help define and enforce cyber-security policies.
- Assist with annual customer-driven cyber-security assessments and certification efforts.
- Improve visibility into the behaviors of services (i.e. instrumentation, logging, analysis/reporting)
- Keep our dependencies and tooling up to date
We are looking for a person with 7 to 15 years of experience and interested in building systems that reduce toil, improving the reliability and correctness of our services, improving security, and providing infrastructure that enables rapid application development and scaling. It is important to be productive with minimal supervision, know when to ask for help, communicate well through writing, and be comfortable with video conferences.
Join our innovative and agile development team. We use GitHub, practice code reviews, and solve problems together. Our services run in the AWS cloud, their deployment is automated, and we follow the infrastructure-as-code process.
Excellent understanding of systems architecture, public cloud services, Linux, IP networking, HTTP, TLS, automated deployment/configuration, and computer science basics are required. Specific knowledge of AWS, Terraform, Bash, NodeJS, Java/JVM platform, Document oriented databases, and Go are a plus but not mandatory.
Income Discovery employees work exclusively remotely, however, you will be required to be available and working during East Coast business hours (EST). Employees have a choice of working from home or from a professional office (which will be rented) near one’s home. All full-time employees are eligible to participate in the Benefit Program, offering health care coverage options (medical, dental, & vision) plus other voluntary insurance and benefits including a 401(k) and a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
*Please note: You must be legally eligible for employment in the US at the time you submit your application. We are unable to sponsor Visas at this time.
Income Discovery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.