Developer - SCP Cloud Native Development at SAP (Pudong, China)
Location: Pudong, China
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:29
Requisition ID: 269864Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
S/4HANA is SAP’s flagship product and the next generation ERP, which supports both on-premise and on cloud customers, and plays key role in the big picture of Intelligent Enterprise Suite. Along with the product strategy of moving to cloud, building cloud native features on SAP Cloud Platform, together with S/4HANA Enterprise Architecture, will have all the capabilities to make a difference to SAP S/4HANA by delivering great new features flexibly and being great enablers for SAP S/4HANA lines of businesses. The development team in Shanghai behind this Job Description is working on reusable service development on SAP Cloud Platform, where the agile & cloud development, cloud native qualities, micro-service and container technologies would apply as key values, as well as the multi-cloud support based on hyperscalers.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIESMandatory
- BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Solid enterprise application development experience
- Demonstrated professional experience with at least one major cloud platform provider
- Strong sense for quality assurance and experience designing and implementing functional tests as part of the development process.
- Quick learner, passionate to learn new technologies and up skill on cloud native industry trends
- Self-motivated, good communication and drive for execution
Beneficial / optional
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems
- Experience in Java/node.js/Golang/Spring Boot
- Experience in Cloud Foundry/Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in Scrum/agile/extreme programming
- Experience in OO design patterns/principles
- Experience in micro-service/cloud native
- Experience in architecting Experience in project co-ordination
- Experience in SAP cloud development process
- Fluent in written and spoken English
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Work as part of the scrum team
- Responsible for developing micro-services and associated SaaS application on SAP Cloud Platform following ASE and cloud native principles
- Responsible for smooth scrum execution
- Responsible for high external/internal qualities
- Responsible for CI/CD
- Responsible for operation and support
Responsible for refactoring of the codebase
2+ years’ professional experience in enterprise software development, preferred with cloud products
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.