Sr. Data Engineer - Ecommerce (Remote) at CrowdStrike, Inc. (Sunnyvale, CA)
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-02 05:01:29
At CrowdStrike were on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. Weve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if youre ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, lets talk.
About the Role:
We're spinning up a brand new team and initiative at CrowdStrike to focus on Ecommerce. We'll be covering areas like the CrowdStrike App Marketplace and monetization (in-app purchasing/micro-transactions/etc), creative new ways to approach Licensing, Billing and Entitlement across the entire product portfolio, and all the backend analytics work to drive a better user experience and optimize engagement, conversion, cross-sell and up-sell. We'll also be spearheading the creation of new CrowdStrike offerings that are built on the existing world-class Falcon platform but target a completely ecommerce driven, low-touch, high engagement product experience. If you're passionate about building intuitive applications that customers will rave about, tell their friends about and can't wait to use daily, we want you on our team.
As a Data Engineer on the CrowdStrike Ecommerce team, you will be involved in building data systems at scale that ingest billions of events, decisions and transactions every day. In this role, you will help make it possible for internal and external customers to easily work with data we produce at massive scale. You will be part of a data platform team that is continuously developing and improving product features to protect our customers from increasingly complex threat actors attempting data breaches.
- Design, develop, and maintain workflows that can process petabytes of data
- Use advanced data analysis techniques and architectures that leverage technology to process large volumes of data to perform complex computations in a scalable, reproducible and automated manner.
- Help us research and implement new ways for appropriate stakeholders to query their data efficiently and extract results in the format they desire
- Participate in technical reviews of our products and help us develop new features and enhance stability
- Continually help us improve the efficiency of our services so that we can delight our customers
Qualifications for Data Engineer:
We are looking for a candidate with a BS and 5+ years or MS and 3+ years in Computer Science or related field. They should also have experience with the following software/tools -
- A solid understanding of algorithms, distributed systems design and the software development lifecycle
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres/MySQL, Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Solid background in Web application development (C#, Java/Scala, Go, Node.JS) and scripting languages like Python
- Golang experience is desirable
- Experience building large scale data pipelines
- Good test-driven development discipline
- Reasonable proficiency with Linux administration tools
- Proven ability to work effectively with remote teams
Experience with the following tools is desirable:
- Strong familiarity with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem including: Spark, Kafka, Hive, etc
- Recent hands-on experience with modern data platforms such as SQL, RDMS, or Graph DBs, and Data Visualization skills using BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Domo, or D3.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike participates in the E-Verify program.