Senior Full-stack Engineer at The Guarantors (Montreal, QC, Canada)
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-06 05:00:57
Disruptive FinTech / Montreal / One of the first hires
My client in question is a market-leading InsureTech, specialising in innovative products for landlords, renters, leasing staff, brokers and tenants, to remove risk within leasing.
With $15 million in investor funding, and the recognition of Forbes, CNBC and CreteTech, the company is now looking to expand into other markets, having been listed as the best InsureTech in the US in 2019 following their success in New York.
As one of the first hires for the Montreal office, this role offers an incredibly rare opportunity to build out a new office for a well-backed company with proven success.
In the role you will:
- Be responsible for delivering and supporting the application process
- Participate in the development process with frequent releases
- Develop fully functional application components with clean code
- Build backend MicroServices with well defined API’s
- Work with persistent data stores, caches, messages buses, and other server side technology
- Implement solid front ends for client facing and internal websites
- Create automated unit tests, API tests, integration tests and ensure quality
- Compose technical documents and artefacts for developed software
What you will need..
- 8 years experience within software development
- Frontend development experience with React Framework (TypeScript), HTML, CSS
- Good experience in REST API in a Micro service architecture
- Postgres SQL or similar SQL database (schema and CRUD operations)
- Familiarity with developing for AWS platform using containers
- Worked in an agile team (Scrum or Kanban)
- Atlassian Jira, Confluence, GitHub, or similar tools
- Plus: GraphQL, Redis, Python, MongoDB or other NoSQL database.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, don't hesitate!