Full Stack Developer at Science Suite Inc. (BioRender) (Toronto, ON, Canada) (allows remote)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-06 05:00:57
We are looking for Full Stack Developers to lead the architecture and implementation of large technical projects with enormous impact to BioRender users and internal teams. Our stack includes React.js, Node.js, and MongoDB, with a lot of frontend technical challenges.
Our ideal fit
- Sets a high standard on code quality, tests and code review
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Ability to explain complex solutions clearly to others
- Growth mindset, excited to learn new libraries / technologies (but practical about adopting them for production)
- Creative problem solver
- Develop expertise in one area of the codebase within your first 90 days (e.g. posters, gallery, analytics, etc.). You'll also own code reviews and technical onboarding in that area.
- Onboard two new engineers and participate in the interview process for at least two hires within your first 4 months
- Earn trust from the team by being a go-to person for questions and advice in your first four months
- Ship a large-scale project within your first 6 months. You'll work with Product to execute on product objectives, and lead technical ideation, architecture and implementation.
What you bring to the table
- You have strong experience (5+ years full time, with at least 1 year as a Senior) in software development
- You've previously worked on a large-scale React project or similar framework (Angular or Vue.js); or you're backend-leaning and highly proficient in Node.js/MongoDB
- You have a demonstrated ability to solve complex architectural problems, and think about tradeoffs and systems design
- You have excellent technical communication skills (code documentation, architectural documents and presentation)
- You've been the primary developer on a successful and technically challenging project
- You've had experience working on a team with a mature scrum/agile process