Senior UI/UX Developer at Citizens Bank (Providence, RI)
Location: Providence, RI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-07 05:01:12
Green Pixel Studios is charged with pushing the envelope on user experience design in digital. This role, reporting to the Director of Design Engineering, will set the stage for the evolution of user experience in financial services. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about envisioning experiences that push imaginative solutions to enable the bank’s clients to fulfill their financial dreams.
As the Senior UI/UX Developer, you will work closely with UI/UX research and design to transfer ideas and code between teams. Your background in technology and devotion to good design and aesthetics will make you successful in this role.
Citizens Bank is embarking on an extensive program of innovative digital transformation. That’s why we’re looking for driven team players to embrace our user-centric vision and help facilitate change. It’s an opportunity to be a creative and technical contributor on many projects.
Green Pixel Studios colleagues are charged with devoting dedicated time to pursuing innovation and delivering UX/UI expertise to the bank in its digital projects. This role with the studio team will support the enterprise in all digital business areas including customer-facing and internal applications, as needed.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with creative and technical teams to deliver first class user-centric experiences
- Develop high-fidelity interactive prototypes for deployment on multiple device types
- Interpret UI/UX design and research for translation into deliverable code and graphic artifacts
- Build and maintain interactive style guides and UI component libraries
- Explore new technologies through research and applied innovation
- Participate in agile ceremonies as part of project execution
- Explain how a solution meets user needs, business goals, and technical constraints
- Adhere to best practices for UI deliverables and processes
- Advocate for the end-user
- 3+ years in HTML5 front-end development (including SASS or LESS)
- 3+ years with node.js
- 3+ years with automation tools like Grunt, Gulp and/or Webpack
- 1-3 years with accessibility and ADA compliance in a production environment
- Strong portfolio of pertinent work
- Advanced knowledge of responsive design patterns and principals
- Exposure to multiple development frameworks and shared libraries
- Experience with code repository tools and concepts such as Git and Subversion
- Understanding of technical platforms and concepts (i.e. REST, API, CMS, AJAX, etc.)
- Comprehension of Design System concepts and approach
- Positive, proactive and helpful attitude
- Experience with graphic production tools (Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch)
- Strong listening, organization, and communication skills
- Passion and appreciation for art and design
- Background in graphic design and/or interaction design
- Familiarity with the principles of animation
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including CI/CD
- Experience developing a Design System or contributing to one
- Experience creating specs for UI deliverables, including states, behaviors and style
- Experience with project tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
Bachelor's Degree or above in a relevant field of study (i.e. Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Graphic Design, or New Media)
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40 HoursWork Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.