Senior Software Engineer - Data Engineering at Realtor.com (Morgantown, WV)
Location: Morgantown, WV
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-08 05:01:03
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Senior Software Engineer to join the Realtor.com Data Engineering team in Morgantown, West Virginia. In this position, you will help make valuable data easily accessible for everyone. You will develop tools and platforms to get data into our data lake easily, create systems that ensure data is well defined and trustworthy, and build enabling platforms that get the data into the hands of teams that will personalize our products, make more informed decisions, and power our user experiences. You will incorporate devops practices, learn about and leverage new technologies, work with an experienced team of engineers, and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Implement new application features that delight our users
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Develop and operationalize data pipelines, backend services and distributed systems using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Own our processed data and act as support for production issues, profile data, and assist in root cause analysis.
- Actively seek out new technologies, evaluate them and make recommendations to integrate them in our solutions and products
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience building data pipelines and platforms
- Proficient in Python, experience with other object oriented programming language (e.g. Ruby, Go, Java, Node.js, Dart) and the eagerness to learn more
- Exposure to cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Exposure to build, test and deployment automation technologies
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS ECS, S3, RDS, EMR, Redshift, Glue, Athena
- Familiarity with technologies in the data engineering ecosystem tooling including EMR/Hadoop, Spark/PySpark, Kafka/Kinesis/Flume, and Airflow/luigi/AWS Data Pipeline.
- Exposure to monitoring for SLAs, alerting, and remediating service disruptions
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, Master's degree a plus